Thread: Circulation questions, worried about blood disorders

Circulation questions, worried about blood disorders

Hi, it's me again, back with more fears! For about three years now I've sufferer with veins that burst really easily in my feet if I bash them resulting in pain and bruising. This happens maybe two or three times a year. I also get very swollen ankles in the hot weather. Yesterday I noticed that when I was swimming in the sea (I'm in the UK so it was cold!) My hands went totally blue. I am now really worried about secondary raynaud's caused by blood cancer. Unfortunately I already knew this was a thing without googling as my friend has secondary raynaud's and she told me it can be serious so I have googled it before (although she's ok).
    I freaked out and filled in an e consult for my Dr even though I'm on holiday. I'm now worried because I've never told them about the popped Vien thing before and I'm so worried what they will say it could be. I had bloods done at the end of April and they came back normal. Would blood issues show up on general bloods? I've been doing good with my anxiety since April but I know that's only because I've been working 60 hours a week. It's the only thing that stops my anxiety spiralling, the second I stop it goes out of control every time.

Re: Circulation questions, worried about blood disorders

Hey

Sounds to me like if it only happens a couple of times a year, and only your feet, and you have to bash them for it to happen, then it isn't really an issue. Also this is on the internet.....What causes cold blue hands?

Blue hands occur when the skin in the hands takes on a bluish tint or color. This generally is due to either a lack of oxygen in the blood or extremely cold temperatures

The UK sea will do that to you lol. I went in it on the hottest day of the year the other week and it was so cold I had to get straight out.
    Also, swollen ankles and legs are very common in the heat - the fluid shifts downwards. Keep them elevated when possible, drink plenty and you will be fine.

Oh sorry about the bold - I copied and pasted that little bit about cold hands from Google and the rest of my post went a bit weird haha
    x

Thread Information