Thread: A lot of anxiety and bowel issues

A lot of anxiety and bowel issues

Hey all, for the last weeks my bowel has been doing all kinds of weird things. I've had diarrhea for at least once a day, I did have normal poo as well. Last week a day of nothing but red poo and mucus after eating too much red velvet cookies. My poo became somewhat normal, but after stupid me ate at mcdonalds I only had a few episodes with nothing but mucus for a day. Today there is some poo but the mucus isn't gone.

Here's the thing, I'm considering going to the doctor, but I'm terrified there'll be extra tests. I have been waiting for test results for something else in the past, and those weeks were horrible. I know my anxiety is sky high and I ate bad food, but the worry is horror. Should I wait it out a few days?

Re: A lot of anxiety and bowel issues

You have a history of anxiety-related bowel issues.

You ate poorly, have anxiety, likely IBS, and are asking here if it's normal.

This is textbook anxiety/IBS/normal stuff.

Lots of people without IBS or anxiety have their stomach's thrown off after eating a bunch of cookies and McDonalds.

Re: A lot of anxiety and bowel issues

Thanks for the reality check. I had the same issue last year, mucus and loose stool for weeks. Then all of a sudden everything back to normal for a few months, now I guess I have another episode. I have more stress and anxiety than normal the last few weeks, but I never had a colonoscopy to to rule other stuff out. This is what is haunting me, and I guess every hypochondriac, should I rule it out or not? I've had two normal days and a very flatulent day today where I had to go 5 times. I don't experience weight loss or blood, but the worry is ruining pretty much everyday

Thread Information