Thread: Commonwealth Games 2022

Commonwealth Games 2022

This is a more light-hearted thread and generally an escape from a lot of the anxiety-related stuff that tends to haunt us pretty much on a daily basis.

And while I only watched bits of it on the TV every now and then, it was really nice seeing the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham and other parts of the West Midlands region (including parts of my resident county of Staffs).

It just seemed like everyone was having immense fun with the element of togetherness, and all seemed to pass peacefully with no obvious reports of any 'aggro' AFAIK.

Plus it's really nice to see Birmingham and the wider West Midlands getting a look in for once, rather than, say, London (no offence intended to any Londoners on here though), and it was really nice seeing screenshots of familiar landmarks and things I can easily relate to, having living only about 16 miles north of the city, and also having been born in the neighbouring Metropolitan Borough of Sandwell (West Bromwich).

Re: Commonwealth Games 2022

I enjoyed the games very much Lenco…I watched most of it I think. I liked the diving and the track events but way out in front for me, as always, was the cycling in the velodrome. Could watch that all the day long.

Ghost…Spillways

Re: Commonwealth Games 2022

Sadly by next week it will mostly be water under the bridge and we shall no doubt be back to the more usual mundane stuff in the news once again.

But that's life, I guess.

Thread Information