Thread: Mole worries

Mole worries

Hi,

I had a freckle/mole on my leg that I couldn’t stop messing with when I noticed it. It was brown but with slightly darker brown on one side. I fiddled so much i picked it off, and when that’s happened before to different moles they’ve grown back pretty much the same. But I’ve checked it tonight and it’s grown back just normal skin ☹️ Has anyone else has this? Google says when a mole disappears it means it’s melanoma that your immune system has fought 😪 and because I picked it melanoma cells are now spreading in my body 😪 I am already seeing a dermatologist at the end of the month for a mole check, that’s what triggered my anxiety over this one in the first place. I have a photo I took before it was picked off on my phone so he can look at it, do you think he can tell if it was melanoma by having a look with a dermascope at the new skin that’s now grown over it?

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer a few months ago so my health anxiety is already bad

Re: Mole worries

Quote Originally Posted by Champagnebox View Post
    Hi,

I had a freckle/mole on my leg that I couldn’t stop messing with when I noticed it. It was brown but with slightly darker brown on one side. I fiddled so much i picked it off, and when that’s happened before to different moles they’ve grown back pretty much the same. But I’ve checked it tonight and it’s grown back just normal skin ☹️ Has anyone else has this? Google says when a mole disappears it means it’s melanoma that your immune system has fought 😪 and because I picked it melanoma cells are now spreading in my body 😪 I am already seeing a dermatologist at the end of the month for a mole check, that’s what triggered my anxiety over this one in the first place. I have a photo I took before it was picked off on my phone so he can look at it, do you think he can tell if it was melanoma by having a look with a dermascope at the new skin that’s now grown over it?

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer a few months ago so my health anxiety is already bad
    They won't know until they biopsy it that is if they even do that. And that isnt how melanoma works, you don't spread it like that...

Re: Mole worries

Hi, I can see why you are very anxious- was everything okay? Have you been seen yet?. Hope it is all okay x

Thread Information