Thread: Pain near breast and armpit scaring me

Pain near breast and armpit scaring me

Hi everyone,

I sometimes throughout the week get this dull pain that comes and goes not in my armpit. But you know that section between your breast and armpit. It sometimes hurts when I move my arms around. I don’t feel any swelling or swollen lymph node, but it scares me.

Im worried it could still be a swollen lymph node. I did blood work in May and my white blood cells are slightly elevated at 13 while 11 is normal. It’s actually lower than what it was back in November. My doctor doesn’t seem too concerned about the white blood cells.

Re: Pain near breast and armpit scaring me

It happens to me, and never ever comes down to anything serious. I used to go to my doctor every time it happened, to have her check it , but it is a muscle thing, that is what the doctor told me.

I get the same thing as well. It's clearly not serious as it comes and goes and I can't feel any lymph nodes there either. I also have issues with costochondritis, so I assume it's related to that, or a pulled/tense muscle.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_thoughts View Post
    Hi everyone,

I sometimes throughout the week get this dull pain that comes and goes not in my armpit. But you know that section between your breast and armpit. It sometimes hurts when I move my arms around. I don’t feel any swelling or swollen lymph node, but it scares me.

Im worried it could still be a swollen lymph node. I did blood work in May and my white blood cells are slightly elevated at 13 while 11 is normal. It’s actually lower than what it was back in November. My doctor doesn’t seem too concerned about the white blood cells.
    I'm going through the same thing at the moment and have a consultation with the doctor on Wednesday. How are you now?

I get this a lot. I think it differs based on where I am in my cycle. I just had a diagnostic mammogram a few weeks ago and all was normal.

Thread Information