Thread: Moan about the job I applied for recently

Moan about the job I applied for recently

I have recently applied for a job through an employment agency at a well known company. This gone back wards and forwards a few times in the last week, and has not done my anxiety any good.

The amount of vetting I have to do or done is very complex, as I have very few documents in date with proof of address on (as we don't keep papers forever) my parents would also struggled to do this, as my Dad is person who pays the bills (gas, electric etc, and everything is direct debt, so very rarely we get post) one document the company would not accept.

The job suits my disability and I have worked for this company before, as it in on my CV.

Re: Moan about the job I applied for recently

Only one or two minor things could be a issue, that working from home after training is finished, I don't know where I would work if I do get the job, as I still live at home with my parents.

I also I am away later in the year for a week,

HR stuff can be a nightmare, but hopefully they are understanding and are helpful in walking you through things.

Do you mean you get to work at home after you finish training? Is it a job where you need a lot of isolation, or can you set up a nice desk area in a corner or something that would suffice? Are you excited for this opportunity?

I would think that they would be understanding if you need to take some time off, and hopefully since you've worked for them before you can gauge if you should mention it now vs later or what your leave will look like. I think maybe you generally have better leave policies over there than here.

Congrats!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    HR stuff can be a nightmare, but hopefully they are understanding and are helpful in walking you through things.

Do you mean you get to work at home after you finish training? Is it a job where you need a lot of isolation, or can you set up a nice desk area in a corner or something that would suffice? Are you excited for this opportunity?

I would think that they would be understanding if you need to take some time off, and hopefully since you've worked for them before you can gauge if you should mention it now vs later or what your leave will look like. I think maybe you generally have better leave policies over there than here.

Congrats!
    Yes I be able to work from home, but may need to go into the office during the assignment. I am excited if I do get offer this opportunity. Agency has already are aware of the dates I am away and will be granted the dates if I am successful by the company. its just the vetting. I do need to be well isolation even though I would not say there is much confidentially data I am working. as I will be able to use a companies laptop.

I was away last time I worked for them, and could go back after my holiday had finished the company did not want to have to rope another temporary staff in to go through vetting.

I will still answer phone calls I get on the house phone, as I am waiting for a few phone calls about varies things.

Sounds like it's mainly the HR vetting that's causing you stress. They don't ever make it easy, do they? Hang in there, hopefully they'll get it sorted quickly.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thanks

One of the other jobs I applied for at a local hospital in the admin department has been on hold. I applied for this because positive with people who got disabilities and the role sounding good

Looks like the job I applied for, which took ages to sort out with vetting, was unsuccessful, with the company being on strike which probably we would have been going on strike

I did start something else last week, but could not continue with it since I been suffering with a frozen shoulder , I was knocked accidently on the bus on the way home as the bus was crowded. so did not sleep well on Monday night. so would have missed training, my Dad emailed the agency to explain the issue. It was a last minute with the agency phoning up. , I did not tell about my disability (dyspraxia) as this was only a short term contract up to Christmas, so the agency and company are both unaware about my disability. I have tweak my CV a lot following guides on Youtube.

I also found out I needed a mobile phone so I could log in with an access code each morning or if I was logged out, since I borrow my Dad's (I live at home) I don't have a clue how to use a basic mobile phone, can just about my a phone call home with the numbers already install the phone. and the company did not have my mobile phone only house number.

Thread Information