Thread: Appreciation post

Appreciation post

So I’m not sure if this belongs here, but I wasn’t quite sure where it would fit so here is my best guess.

I just wanted to put it out there that, this group has been such a massive support to me over the years.

It’s funny because even though we may have some awesome people in our lives, sometimes they don’t always get it and sometimes- for me anyway, it is so refreshing to be able to vent to people who are in a similar boat and being able to do this anonymously for the most part has helped too.

Sometimes it’s just been me and my own mind. Whether this is down to anxiety/ mental health, or because I don’t have a strong support network at a particular moment in time ( I’ve had my fair share of abusive partners and relationships which doesn’t help). This platform is always a place where you can feel heard and that you are not alone.

I guess I am just so grateful to have this platform for support and I am so grateful to those who take the time to reach out to people in times of need.

I’d like to think that one day I could give more back on a forum such as this.

Re: Appreciation post

Quote Originally Posted by Alice1990 View Post
    So I’m not sure if this belongs here, but I wasn’t quite sure where it would fit so here is my best guess.

I just wanted to put it out there that, this group has been such a massive support to me over the years.

It’s funny because even though we may have some awesome people in our lives, sometimes they don’t always get it and sometimes- for me anyway, it is so refreshing to be able to vent to people who are in a similar boat and being able to do this anonymously for the most part has helped too.

Sometimes it’s just been me and my own mind. Whether this is down to anxiety/ mental health, or because I don’t have a strong support network at a particular moment in time ( I’ve had my fair share of abusive partners and relationships which doesn’t help). This platform is always a place where you can feel heard and that you are not alone.

I guess I am just so grateful to have this platform for support and I am so grateful to those who take the time to reach out to people in times of need.

I’d like to think that one day I could give more back on a forum such as this.
    Nice post Alice!

NMP is a really great forum with some of the best advice we'll ever receive. Who better to ask than people who have actually experienced the same MH issues as we have and who've been able to control/overcome them?

I think it's great that you want to be able to give something back, and you are doing that already by engaging with people and being publicly appreciative of people's time and effort (not everybody thinks to do the latter so good on ya)

This is a very thoughtful and kind message, Alice and "giving back" to NMP is just this. We all try to help each other in some small way and as Nora says, practical experience can be a lot more useful than textbook opinions.

I don't think you necessarily have to be on top of your MH issues either to "give back" on here. Every little helps..both giver and hopefully receiver of advice/support.

I think your thread will be appreciated by many people so thank you.

This is a good thread and I want to thank all the help I've received here. Hopefully I can give a little back.

Nice post Alice.

I think this place is great. I know we don’t know each other personally but I think we actually know each other better than some of our real time people. I can call some people on here friends, albeit virtual ones. I know where to go for help and I know where to go for a chat. And I agree with Pulisa…don’t wait until you’ve nailed it to give back…giving back can not only help others but also yourself.

Ghost…Spillways

This is a very nice post from Alice. A caring person . Thank you Alice. x

Thread Information