Thread: One tonsil bigger then the other!

One tonsil bigger then the other!

Hey, so I’ve had tonsillitis around three times the last 5 months but one of my tonsils is larger then the other. I’m sure when I had tonsillitis in 2016 I noticed that one was bigger but my anxiety is getting the better of me. I’ve had another course of antibiotics finished them last week however the tonsil is still quite big but the white pus has gone! Worst thing I could of done was Google!!! I just wanted to reassure really If it was tonsil or lymp u no the word I hate awould it still respond with antibotics? I had fever etc and a swollen lymp under my jaw which I can still feel if I really poke my neck! If it was swollen like it says online would it be sticking out? Instead of digging to feel it? I’m so worried and stressed out I have docs this week she wanted to review after two weeks of infection! When I had the bouts of tonsillitis I had pain pus and slight fever. Anyone had this before?

Re: One tonsil bigger then the other!

It could just be a bit of residual inflammation. I would wait and see what your doc says.

Re: One tonsil bigger then the other!

I’ve always had one tonsil larger than the other. It’s not really inflammation but that scarring of the entire tonsil causing pitted crypts and an overall enlarged structure

Thread Information