Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
@Catkins, I have no doubt that you're one of the very best, given how lovely you are on here. I'm just being honest about my experiences and that's why I don't agree with Lenco (or anybody else that thinks this) that respect 'should' be a given.
I think most of us in the NHS do our best, but like any profession and in the human race in general there are good and bad people. I don't want special respect, I just want the respect and acceptance that everyone deserves. Maybe it's twenty plus years of equality and diversity training, who knows.

There were a lot of people who put themselves out there during the pandemic and a lot of them suffered (in all kinds of ways), I mean the wagon drivers couldn't even get a hot meal a lot of the time because service stations were closed.

To be honest, everyone suffered during the pandemic, we all deserve a gold star for getting through it (except maybe the partying politicians).

Nora, I had a bad experience with a midwife too. I was trying to breastfeed and was bleeding so much my son was sick my blood, the midwife tried to tell me to squeeze milk out on rub it in. Because I was in so much pain and bleeding I couldn't do it, so she grabbed my nipped and squeezed. I gave up breastfeeding after that.