Thread: Dentist told husband of abnormality in roof of mouth and to return in 2 weeks...

Dentist told husband of abnormality in roof of mouth and to return in 2 weeks...

Hi all,

Some of you may remember me when my dear father was diagnosed with terminal lung and liver cancer in March 2021. He is still with us, an utter shell of the man he was but still here and fighting. My heart is forever broken.

Now onto another bucket of worry.

My 44 year old husband went for his routine check up at the dentist today and was told by the dentist there is an abnormality in the roof of his mouth. Could possibly be from chewing food in that spot continuously, but they want to see him in two weeks to look again.

He then went to the hygienist who was not worried at all and said it looks to me like it's from chewing.

I haven't seen it myself (hes gone to work), not has my husband. He said there is no pain and he cannot feel it whatsoever with his tongue.

Cue my anxiety.

It is good she did not refer him immediately. That gives me hope and she must want to see if it's healed in 2 weeks.

But with the anxiety of my father's battle, I'm not sure how I'll cope for the next fortnight. We go on holiday at the weekend :(

Fishmanpa you are always been so helpful for people with mouth head and neck issues.

Any insight here?

We bought a popcorn machine last week and he has had homemade popcorn twice in the weekend, could it be that? Something sharp?

He smoked from the ages of 16-40. 10 a day till he was 30 I would say then 1 or 2 a day 30-40.

Oh, his father has just been diagnosed with myeloma. Not sure how much worry we can all take.

Any good stories about similar circumstances would be great but I need the likelihood of this being the big you know what. Please lord no.

Thanks all ❤️

Re: Dentist told husband of abnormality in roof of mouth and to return in 2 weeks...

I wouldn't sweat this at all as there are no symptoms or other red flags.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Dentist told husband of abnormality in roof of mouth and to return in 2 weeks...

Hi FMP 👋

Hope you are well.

Awesome, thank you so much! He isnt worried and I definitely do not want to project my fear onto him so will be chill now and lay off the popcorn for a couple weeks.

Huge thanks x

Thread Information