Thread: Vaginal prolapse or hard mass

Vaginal prolapse or hard mass

My health anxiety has the best of me. For a few weeks I had weird pelvic pressure, low back pain and nerve pain in my butt bones and down the fronts of my legs. Those have mostly gone away. I did investigate my vaginal pressure and I’m not sure how it is supposed to feel as I’ve never been anxious about that. Now I’m convinced something has prolapsed. At the very top of my vagina, it feels very firm like a large bulge. It’s at the very top towards the back and there is no real pain or sensation when I push it it just doesn’t feel like it should be there. Is this just normal anatomy or am I feeling an organ that has fallen and is pressing down in there?

Re: Vaginal prolapse or hard mass

Are you sure it's not your cervix?

Yes I’m sure. My cervix sits very low and I’ve had 4 kids so I’m very familiar with it.

Fair enough, always worth asking.

When you say the back do you mean toward the back wall of your vagina pointing toward your back? You could be feeling poop. I had a big freak out about this years ago and then realized what I was feeling. If you’ve had 4 kids, the vagina wall will definitely be loose enough for you to feel this.

I have a super weak pelvic floor. I can feel my bladder pushing down if I feel inside and cough. I do pelvic floor PT sporadically. I’ve been to a urogynecologist who said, “if nothing’s falling out, it’s not a prolapse!” This isn’t exactly true but it was comforting nonetheless.

The symptoms you describe sound more like a tight pelvic floor. Even though mine’s weak it can also spasm. And when that happens i get tailbone pain, pressure, and sometimes vaginal burning.

If you’re worried about it I’d just schedule an appointment with your gynecologist.

Thank you for your reply. I’m not feeling poop in there as I’ve felt that years ago and it scared me to death. The is the entire top of my vagina but more tilted towards my tailbone. I don’t know if I could be feeling normal anatomy as I don’t think I’ve ever felt around that high but now that my anxiety is in full swing I did and now I’m panicked. I have a tinted uterus with a very low cervix on my left side. So I’m not sure where my uterus sits but this is up past my cervix. It almost feel like a rounded bone. Idk if I have a prolapse of an organ or if this is just normal.

I do have an appointment with my gyno on the 8th. But that’s a long ways away when you hit the panic phase.

Mine tilts, sometimes makes it difficult when I have a smear. It could be normal for you too.

I would bet you’re feeling a bone or a muscle. My droopy organs feel squishy.

Back for an update. I saw my gyno yesterday and it was a stage 1 uterine prolapse. I am starting some therapy to strengthen the muscles soon.

Thread Information