Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Re: Dreams

I have weird dreams about my mum catkins. I wondered whether it's processing grief. Your one sounds strange about the hair though. I think our dreams can get jumbled up a bit. I might have a dream with my mum in it and Bruce Willis turns up because I was watching a film that evening with Bruce Willis in it.
    I'm always fascinated how vivid my dreams can be. Colour, detail, exchange of words. Some can be quite exhausting like the one where I was walking along the motorway, lol.

Lencoboy, I think the past tends to crop up a lot in our dreams. Again, it might be dealing with trauma from the past or just memories stored in our brain.
    As long as its not horrific stuff, I find it can be quite interesting.
    I was in Woolworths shopping one night and its been gone for years! It was how the shop used to be with the pick n mix, k-tel records and ladybird clothing, lol. I quite liked that one.

Darksky, sounds like you are quite creative in your dreams. Is there a novel waiting to be written?

Apparently not many people deam in colour.
    For most it's black and white according to studies that have been done.
    My dreams are very vivid and in full Technicolor.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Last night I dreamed of my dad, King Charles (he was Prince Charles) and someone I called ..Catkins!!

We were all in my parents' garden by their old Anderson shelter..

It's 8 years since my dad died tomorrow, I've been triggered by the Queen's death and I was thinking about Catkins and how she was getting on in Portugal yesterday...

Can't believe it's been 8 year pulisa. Just like my dad.
    The queen's death has also brought to the surface memories of that time. I was actually surprised as there's no connection but an atmosphere of mourning.
    I always find anniversaries difficult as you feel you have to honour it in some way when actually remembering is the best acknowledgement you can do. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. xx

I'm no prude but TMI in the new thread for me Lenco

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I'll be thinking about you today P.

No fresh dreams to report this morning. I think it's because I didn't get much sleep, it was a bit hot and my mosquito bites were itching like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    that’s funny Phill because I dream of a house regularly. It’s a house I’ve never been in when awake, its always empty and has wooden floorboards. It’s an old house, a bit gothic but feels nice.

It’s always the same house, even if I have different views of it, I know it’s the same. The room I generally go in is a bedroom, with two windows, looking out over trees. It’s dark wood everywhere. Long staircases and a bit dusty. It’s also got secret doors that lead onto other rooms.
    Given the age of the house you're dreaming about, the first thing I'd be asking is about how much time you spend thinking of the past? Are there issues from the past that have never been resolved?

Doors and secret rooms in dreams are extensions of ourselves. I often dream of houses which start as a normal sized house (most often my childhood home), but it keeps extending itself with lots of rooms and tunnels. By the time I wake up, my childhood home is unrecognisable, and I am stressing about how I can keep on top of the cleaning.

It's also a possibility that this house is in your memories. (Maybe you visited this house when you were a child?)

Dreams are so interesting...

Lencoboy, I think it's probably best to keep that particular subject 'wet dreams' to the thread you created. Some members might find it too sexually explicit, I hope you understand and are not offended. Obviously anything non sexual dream related can be mentioned here and you are welcome to post.

I dreamt last night I was making tea for people and the milk was off?! It was curdled and lumpy as I poured it. What does that mean? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Lencoboy, I think it's probably best to keep that particular subject 'wet dreams' to the thread you created. Some members might find it too sexually explicit, I hope you understand and are not offended. Obviously anything non sexual dream related can be mentioned here and you are welcome to post.
    I totally understand, and I that is why I have treated this particular 'grey area' topic with caution.

To avoid any further complications or upsets (if any), I shall delete the mentions of said dream from this particular thread, and shall remain in the 'Male Health Issues' thread, where it more appropriately belongs.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information