Thread: Help please

Help please

Hello
    I have had anxiety a long time. I have been on citalopram for a long time. 20mg first then 10mg for around the last 3 years. My anxiety levels are quite low day to day. I recently had a panic attack when attending a very big very busy and loud football stadium where it was triggered from heights. I haven't had a panic attack in a very very long time. This has really raised my anxiety through the roof. I came home from work today as I just couldn't deal with being around people. My therapist has advised my to have a week off work to relax and bring my anxiety down which I think is a good idea but i don't know what to do with myself for the week. I have more time to sit around and be anxious. I like to keep busy which keeps my anxiety at bay. I do feel like I need to time to unwind I just feel anxious doing nothing! I'm going away next week to Gran canaria. I feel anxious about that and I feel having this week off work sitting around may make my anxiety worse for when I go on holiday but also being at work isn't giving me a rest! Urgh it's so hard I need someone to put things into perspective for me please

Re: Help please

Hey Bunny!

I'm pretty much the same as you with my anxiety levels, they can sit dormant for ages and then BANG, a panic attack will trigger it all to start again and anxiety mode is well and truly ON. All I know is breathing exercises, letting your thoughts flow and try and not to give them any attention and pushing yourself seem to be the best ways forward. However I still haven't found a way to reduce the anxiety levels quickly and even now a random thought will appear shooting my levels back up again and off goes the adrenaline and more intrusive horrible thoughts.

Just try and remember "This too, shall pass!"

Thread Information