Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid Worries

Re: Covid Worries

I started living again but I am still so scared. I have a red throat right now and had a headache today and it bugs me so much that maybe I did catch it. Sometimes I wear mask but not all the time because it's impossible.
    I've read something one doctor said that people who feared covid died of covid and it scares me even more because maybe my fear will finish me. I don't know anymore. Life for me will never be the same, it just can't be. I still see that vaccinated people die and I am not so young and healthy that I can say it doesn't bother me. They die of "mild omicron" triple vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I started living again but I am still so scared. I have a red throat right now and had a headache today and it bugs me so much that maybe I did catch it. Sometimes I wear mask but not all the time because it's impossible.
    I've read something one doctor said that people who feared covid died of covid and it scares me even more because maybe my fear will finish me. I don't know anymore. Life for me will never be the same, it just can't be. I still see that vaccinated people die and I am not so young and healthy that I can say it doesn't bother me. They die of "mild omicron" triple vaccinated.
    But the vast majority of the world's population aren't dying of Omicron Covid now though, especially those who are fully jabbed.

Yes there will always be the odd unlucky ones who happen to slip through the net, but their primary cause of death might actually be something else and they just incidentally happen to have Covid at the same time.

Remember that we're also at risk of being killed by plenty of other things on a daily basis that we don't usually give as much as a second thought to, and as I've said to plenty of others before in this forum, you're probably far more likely to (proverbially) get run over by a bus than die of Omicron Covid.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I decided not to go to the gig in the end...it made me so sad. A few weeks ago, maybe a bit longer, I felt quite confident and in good health...in fact, since May or so I have made good progress getting back to normal...shops and cafes are no longer an issue for me and I have also tackled supermarkets and pharmacies. In the end, due to me feeling at a low ebb, I simply didn't feel confident to take on a 400 strong cramped together crowd. I agree with everything you have all written on here about risks and getting back totally agree...even better news is that I will get my autumn booster next month and as that deals with Omicron, I really will feel as though I have protected myself as much as I can. It's great to be able to get back to normality and see the world again...gigs are probably the last thing I need to crack now. I only really sanitise hands now after high contact surfaces (ATMs, petrol pumps) or before eating...other than that its no longer that easy (or sensible) to do anything more. Roll on the booster anyway. Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I decided not to go to the gig in the end...it made me so sad. A few weeks ago, maybe a bit longer, I felt quite confident and in good health...in fact, since May or so I have made good progress getting back to normal...shops and cafes are no longer an issue for me and I have also tackled supermarkets and pharmacies. In the end, due to me feeling at a low ebb, I simply didn't feel confident to take on a 400 strong cramped together crowd. I agree with everything you have all written on here about risks and getting back totally agree...even better news is that I will get my autumn booster next month and as that deals with Omicron, I really will feel as though I have protected myself as much as I can. It's great to be able to get back to normality and see the world again...gigs are probably the last thing I need to crack now. I only really sanitise hands now after high contact surfaces (ATMs, petrol pumps) or before eating...other than that its no longer that easy (or sensible) to do anything more. Roll on the booster anyway. Thanks everyone
    I don't think you should have that much to worry about (at least not for the time being), as Covid in general has been kept much lower key in the national news headlines since around late spring-early summer, and has barely been mentioned at all over recent weeks.

Hence the old expression 'no news is good news'!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information