Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid Worries

Covid Worries

I have GAD and through the pandemic had pretty much walled myself in and to date, I don't believe I caught Covid. Since May I have been breaking out a lot, back to normality and making great progress...going in shops, petrol stations vets, cafes etc. Tomorrow I am due to be going to a gig and am worried. I felt ready to take it on recently, knowing that Covid is just in the background now (level 2) but due to recent digestive issues (GERD) occupying my every thought, my anxiety is high again and I no longer feel confident about going somewhere with 400 people.

My question isn't 'Will I catch Covid?' As nobody can answer that...but it is more around 'How many GAD worriers who were really worried about Covid are now go to gigs?' 'Are you back to normal now?'

Any help and experience of the new normal might help me decide whether to go

Thanks
    Last edited by Dax; 13-09-22 at 09:34. Reason: Spelling

Re: Covid Worries

I suggest that you wear a mask and carry sanitizer.I don’t go anywhere without a mask.
    Enjoy the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I suggest that you wear a mask and carry sanitizer.I don’t go anywhere without a mask.
    Enjoy the gig.
    Thanks so much for replying. I think, if I go, I will definitely wear a mask, but am a little concerned it will only be a lower grade one (I was using FFP3 masks in the thick of the pandemic whenever I had to visit indoors)...I don't see any medical masks out there anymore so would feel like I would really stand out. I would definitely wear my lower grade mask though...presumably something is better than nothing?

I wear a face shield and a mask when out,I get a lot of people staring but it doesn’t bother me,also I have the dreaded long Covid but slowly improving.What is the gig?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I wear a face shield and a mask when out,I get a lot of people staring but it doesn’t bother me,also I have the dreaded long Covid but slowly improving.What is the gig?
    Thank you again. Do you wear a material mask or an FFP one at all? I'm hopefully going to see Altered Images in Leeds...I'm hoping I don't back out of it, but my confidence has sunk so I don't seem to have the same bravado I had a few weeks ago.

I wear an N95s because of my lungs,at home I wear a surgical mask when friends or sisters visit.
    Please don’t back out on going I am jealous I can’t go.You will be fine,just wear your mask.xx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I have GAD and through the pandemic had pretty much walled myself in and to date, I don't believe I caught Covid. Since May I have been breaking out a lot, back to normality and making great progress...going in shops, petrol stations vets, cafes etc. Tomorrow I am due to be going to a gig and am worried. I felt ready to take it on recently, knowing that Covid is just in the background now (level 2) but due to recent digestive issues (GERD) occupying my every thought, my anxiety is high again and I no longer feel confident about going somewhere with 400 people.

My question isn't 'Will I catch Covid?' As nobody can answer that...but it is more around 'How many GAD worriers who were really worried about Covid are now go to gigs?' 'Are you back to normal now?'

Any help and experience of the new normal might help me decide whether to go

Thanks
    It seems for the vast majority of us, the risks of catching serious Covid are now far less than before.

Otherwise there would no doubt still be certain restrictions in place, almost all of which are pretty much gone now.

To put it in perspective, there are plenty of other untoward things that 'might' happen to us on a day-to-day basis (e.g, ending up in road accidents, getting stuck in buildings on fire, being crushed by toppling trees, etc), that most of us don't usually give as much as a second thought to.

Throughout the pandemic I was probably more terrified of getting it and transmitting it to others than just getting it, if that makes sense. As a key worker I carried on working and followed all the PPE advice etc. I had both jabs, then a booster and caught it for the first time just before last Christmas. Then I had it again in May. In all honesty I didn't completely relax about it until I'd had it the first time; I had no idea where/who I picked it up from, but it wasn't so bad and I didn't knowingly pass it on to anyone.

This year I have been to maybe five indoor concerts/events and three big ones outside. Earlier in the year I wore a mask, but then I gave up. I just couldn't do it anymore. The way I see it now is that I'm all jabbed up, I've had it twice, the strains are now much milder than they were and for my sanity I need to live as normally as possible.

I would encourage you to go to the gig, if you feel more comfortable, wear a mask, wherever I go some people are still wearing masks if they want to. Go and have some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Throughout the pandemic I was probably more terrified of getting it and transmitting it to others than just getting it, if that makes sense. As a key worker I carried on working and followed all the PPE advice etc. I had both jabs, then a booster and caught it for the first time just before last Christmas. Then I had it again in May. In all honesty I didn't completely relax about it until I'd had it the first time; I had no idea where/who I picked it up from, but it wasn't so bad and I didn't knowingly pass it on to anyone.

This year I have been to maybe five indoor concerts/events and three big ones outside. Earlier in the year I wore a mask, but then I gave up. I just couldn't do it anymore. The way I see it now is that I'm all jabbed up, I've had it twice, the strains are now much milder than they were and for my sanity I need to live as normally as possible.

I would encourage you to go to the gig, if you feel more comfortable, wear a mask, wherever I go some people are still wearing masks if they want to. Go and have some fun!
    Exactly my point, Catkins.

I don't personally believe in living in constant fear of Covid and whatever other day-to-day 'hazards' forever more, and am happy to have observed that 2022 has so far for the most part, had far more in common with 2019 (and before) than 2020 and even 2021, in terms of the 'old' normals, especially since the early spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information