Thread: Covid - Recovery

Covid - Recovery

Hi all,

I was just wondering what other people's experiences were with recovering after Covid?

I took ill a week, last Sunday and tested positive 3 days later. I had the High Temperature, Chesty Cough, Fatigue etc....

I tested negative yesterday and feel generally OK but I'm still tired and have a lingering throaty cough - like I feel like I need to constantly clear it.

Is this typical of your experience with it and any suggestions to help with the coughing? I have a job interview in 10 days and I'm hoping it will be clear by then.

Many thanks for reading, I hope everyone is getting by OK.

Paul

Re: Covid - Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Paul84 View Post
    Hi all,

I was just wondering what other people's experiences were with recovering after Covid?

I took ill a week, last Sunday and tested positive 3 days later. I had the High Temperature, Chesty Cough, Fatigue etc....

I tested negative yesterday and feel generally OK but I'm still tired and have a lingering throaty cough - like I feel like I need to constantly clear it.

Is this typical of your experience with it and any suggestions to help with the coughing? I have a job interview in 10 days and I'm hoping it will be clear by then.

Many thanks for reading, I hope everyone is getting by OK.

Paul
    When I had my Covid back in February this year, I was positive for about a week, but didn't have the lingering bad chesty cough you described.

Though I did have something with symptoms very similar to what you described from your recent Covid infection 2 years earlier (Feb 2020) which may have been very early Covid without really knowing it, which knocked me for six for about 2 1/2 weeks, so if that was the case I must have developed some antibodies, coupled with the fact I was also triple-jabbed by the time of my (known) infection in Feb 22, whose symptoms generally resembled that of a normal cold.

Also, have you been jabbed at all since the start of 2021, and/or have you previously been knowingly infected with Covid at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    When I had my Covid back in February this year, I was positive for about a week, but didn't have the lingering bad chesty cough you described.

Though I did have something with symptoms very similar to what you described from your recent Covid infection 2 years earlier (Feb 2020) which may have been very early Covid without really knowing it, which knocked me for six for about 2 1/2 weeks, so if that was the case I must have developed some antibodies, coupled with the fact I was also triple-jabbed by the time of my (known) infection in Feb 22, whose symptoms generally resembled that of a normal cold.

Also, have you been jabbed at all since the start of 2021, and/or have you previously been knowingly infected with Covid at all?
    Thanks for your reply. I haven't knowingly had Covid before and test myself fairly regularly. I had both jabs and the booster last year also and have been pretty much flu/cold free for 18 months.

Hi, I have not had Covid. I had a Jab for the covid Booster yesterday with the Flue jab too. I feel a bit under the weather today, just miserable as well !!! Hoping to feel ok by Friday as I have a dentist appointment.
    I am a bit annoyed about our GP service. My hubby had to go to wait outside the doctors surgery at eight O'clock this morning to be given a ten O'clock. Good job he can still drive . He is eighty one. Nobody seems to care.

Hi Paul,

I've had Covid twice and both times the symptoms lingered on a bit. After the first time the cough took a while to go away, it wasn't as bad the second time. I was a bit tired for a while afterwards, but I did rush to get back to normal. Just take it easy for a bit and get plenty of rest and you should be back to normal fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul84 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I haven't knowingly had Covid before and test myself fairly regularly. I had both jabs and the booster last year also and have been pretty much flu/cold free for 18 months.
    Paul, it sounds like you were more unlucky than I was symptoms-wise during your recent spell of Covid, though obviously like most illnesses it can vary from person to person in terms of severity.

Anyway, I'm happy that you're more or less on the mend now.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Hi, I have not had Covid. I had a Jab for the covid Booster yesterday with the Flue jab too. I feel a bit under the weather today, just miserable as well !!! Hoping to feel ok by Friday as I have a dentist appointment.
    I am a bit annoyed about our GP service. My hubby had to go to wait outside the doctors surgery at eight O'clock this morning to be given a ten O'clock. Good job he can still drive . He is eighty one. Nobody seems to care.
    Our local surgery is the same, it's an achievement if you get past the Gatekeepers (Receptionists). Hope you and your husband are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Hi Paul,

I've had Covid twice and both times the symptoms lingered on a bit. After the first time the cough took a while to go away, it wasn't as bad the second time. I was a bit tired for a while afterwards, but I did rush to get back to normal. Just take it easy for a bit and get plenty of rest and you should be back to normal fairly soon.
    Thanks Catkins. The cough is the only thing left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Paul, it sounds like you were more unlucky than I was symptoms-wise during your recent spell of Covid, though obviously like most illnesses it can vary from person to person in terms of severity.

Anyway, I'm happy that you're more or less on the mend now.
    Cheers. My wife tested positive two days after me and is still tired and congested. Hopefully the weekend will see some improvement.

Hello all.

13 days later, testing negative but still have this niggly cough.

I know it's a symptom that hangs around for a while and, in the grand scheme of things is not a major deal, but has anyone got any tips to ease it. Has anyone else had the lingering cough after covid?

The Pharmacy gave me Pholcodine Linctus yesterday which is supposed to be affective but I'm getting impatient. I also have some mild reflux symptoms (which are not normal for me) so I'm not sure if this cough related to that or still the aftermath of covid.

Thread Information