Thread: Anyone have a history of abnormal mammograms?

Anyone have a history of abnormal mammograms?

I'm 45 and had my first baseline mammogram at 35. Within the past 10 years I've had cysts, microcalcifications, and areas of concern which required two biopsies (thankfully both were benign). I have my 6 month follow up appt in 2 weeks and I'm already nervous. I feel like it's not a matter of IF I get breast cancer, but when. All my friends I speak to have no issues at their mammogram each year. I feel like I'm the only one going through this :(

Re: Anyone have a history of abnormal mammograms?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Anyone have a history of abnormal mammograms?

No one else responded, but I wanted to add that no...you're not alone in this. I'm screened 2x a year now due to findings and risks to provide earlier detection, to include MRI with contrast.

This stage of life (I'm also mid 40s) includes a lot of breast changes. I have the same worries as you and I also know no one else w/ similar issues. That alone makes our brains assume that there is increased likelihood, on top of waiting and the procedures. The trouble is that the statistics cannot predict absolutes or definitive outcomes and we can only be diligent with screenings.

Hang in there, hope your mammo came out okay...and take good care of yourself.

My health anxiety went 90 mph off a cliff when I entered my 40s. I understand.
    Last edited by erincassells; 07-10-22 at 20:37.

Thread Information