Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think this is covid

Re: I think this is covid

I now I'm boring but I am really worried. It seemed to me that I am doing better yesterday afternoon and I don't feel fatique anymore at least not at home (I'll go to the store later and then I'll see) and I am not so pale like before but I have an urge to cough in the evening, I don't cough much but when I do, I cough up yellow mucus and this morning I woke up coughing up a lot of it. I am really scared that it is pneumonia or bronchitis. I am 4x vaxxed and I am scared that I really was right that I'll end up hospitalized due to this awful virus.

Did any of you had that yellow phlegm? Is it really always a sign of bronchitis and pneumonia? I feel the constant tickle in my throat, I can't cough much but tickle is here even now, like it's worsening and it will become a full blown cough all the time. The urge to cough is worse when I turn of the heat at home.

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I now I'm boring but I am really worried. It seemed to me that I am doing better yesterday afternoon and I don't feel fatique anymore at least not at home (I'll go to the store later and then I'll see) and I am not so pale like before but I have an urge to cough in the evening, I don't cough much but when I do, I cough up yellow mucus and this morning I woke up coughing up a lot of it. I am really scared that it is pneumonia or bronchitis. I am 4x vaxxed and I am scared that I really was right that I'll end up hospitalized due to this awful virus.

Did any of you had that yellow phlegm? Is it really always a sign of bronchitis and pneumonia? I feel the constant tickle in my throat, I can't cough much but tickle is here even now, like it's worsening and it will become a full blown cough all the time. The urge to cough is worse when I turn of the heat at home.
    Sounds to me like you might have some psychosomatic symptoms.

BTW, I'm sure I read something the other day about the World Health Organisation announcing that there's encouraging signs that the worst of the Covid pandemic has now passed, but of course also urged against complacency.

Maybe I have because I also have this occasional pressure in chest since day one that comes and goes. I did the test today and it's negative but I don't think it's right because I never had such persistent sore throat and urge to cough. But I don't know. I went to the pharmacy and I feel okay except this urge to cough when I got back. This yellow phlegm worries me so much.

You could have another virus though Darlene. We have all been a bit protected from other viruses for the last 2 1/2 years.

Maybe, but this phlegm is worrying me very much, I woke up, I've slept for a few hours and I still cough it up when I wake up, very much, I've never had it like this and I've been sick a lot in life, it was even worse, with temperature and all but never with this phlegm. I don't know anymore is it postnasal drip or pneumonia. I saw a few tiny specks of blood and orange after at, I don't like this.

I was hoping that the cough will be gone but it's still bothering me at night. When I'm sitting it's okay right now, if I sit back on the couch, I start coughing. Sometimes it's dry and sometimes productive. I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I guess I really am unlucky, 4x vaxxed, an antibiotic and having this cough, I am so mad and sad. It's day 7 tomorrow.
    The pharmacist told me that I am in danger of pneumonia because of this phlegm. God knows, maybe I have it. Last night was even worse but who knows if I will be able to sleep tonight. I am scared to go to sleep.
    Maybe I would be okay if I could have had Paxlovid but my stupid country doesn't have it, people died because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I was hoping that the cough will be gone but it's still bothering me at night. When I'm sitting it's okay right now, if I sit back on the couch, I start coughing. Sometimes it's dry and sometimes productive. I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I guess I really am unlucky, 4x vaxxed, an antibiotic and having this cough, I am so mad and sad. It's day 7 tomorrow.
    The pharmacist told me that I am in danger of pneumonia because of this phlegm. God knows, maybe I have it. Last night was even worse but who knows if I will be able to sleep tonight. I am scared to go to sleep.
    Maybe I would be okay if I could have had Paxlovid but my stupid country doesn't have it, people died because of that.
    It might be something else other than Covid, as many other bugs and viruses that were incidentally suppressed during the restrictions of the past 2 1/2 years are also unfortunately recurring, though most of them we didn't give as much as a second thought pre-pandemic.

To know for sure you need a test. Your symptoms aren't really the same as mine (unvax) or my dad's (vaxed). I'd try keep yourself busy and take painkillers if needs be.

It's day 7 and test could be negative even I've had covid. I've been sick a lot of times in my life and since childhood I only had a cough when I've had a bronchitis. I never cough. That's why I think it's covid. It was very strange, I didn't have runny nose at all but I've had congested sinuses very much, postnasal drip, no fever but since day 5 this cough is bothering me at night and even in the morning through my sleep I feel a tickle in my throat.
    I am going to the doc soon if anyone sees me because I am not in my hometown and still don't have my doctor here.

I've been to the doctor and she did a blood exam, saturation, listened to my lungs and all seems fine, it was something, she said, but I'm recovering and I don't need another antibiotic. But I need to rest for another five days. It seems really strange, that's 12 days for "nothing". She did a covid test and it's negative again but she said that it can be late and I'm vaxxed so sometimes later the test doesn't decect the virus in vaxxed. So I'll never know.
    I was walking a lot on cold weather today, waiting for the lab results, I really hope it won't be worse because of this.

If this is some ordinary virus then I'm even more scared of what could covid do to me. I don't know. I was hoping that it is covid and that'll be okay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information