Thread: Worried about an odd pain.

Worried about an odd pain.

Hiya guys, I'm a 16 year old with HA quite bad, however I do try to enjoy my life as much as I can, as i believe it's pretty wasted sat here worrying most of the time.
    I have a very odd pain on the left side of my skull just above my left ear. I recall having this pain for about 6-7 years now, and it seems to come about every 5 months for about 1-2 days, its very sharp and lasts a few seconds and seems to reoccur for a few days. The odd thing is that when I push down on where I feel the pain coming from, it hurts as if it's something on the surface.
    I'm thinking it may be down to the fact I had to pulled out at birth with some kind of pliers and my head was an odd shape lol...maybe it's linked with it. Obviously I'm thinking that it's brain cancer, aneruslem etc, as you seem to notice other symptoms as soon as you have read about those illness's...
    Anyway, I hope you guys can help me out offer me some advice...I'd rather not go to the GP AGAIN...

Re: Worried about an odd pain.

Hi Jimmy

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.

I have had this kind of pain before and was worried too , i went to the docs who told me to have my eyes tested. The opticain told me it was probably caused by tension/strain on my eyes, i actually got some glasses which helped take the strain away when im reading and i havent had it since.

Try not to worry hun, im sure its nothing serious

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Jimmy - i just posted a couple of nights ago, i have the same type of pain over my right ear!!! It has subsided now, thankfully, i have put it down to stress, and the reassurance i received from others on this site also helped! If you've had this pain for 6-7 years, then i am sure that if it was something serious you would know about it now. I too have HA, and know that it only takes a little pain somewhere to send us of on that neverending trail of false self-diagnosis!

Relax, and i am sure that you will get a lot of advice and reassurance from this site - i did.

take care x

I noticed a particular sharp pain when I'd press down on a particular part of my head when I'd towel dry it. It'd never noticed it before but it seems to be nothing. Maybe it is the pliers thing?

Whatever it is can't harm you if you've noticed it for the past 7 years!

Thankyou for your kind replies, I think it helps a lot to know that other people suffer too from the same problem. I'm terrible, I went to the doctor twice because I have a ache in my lower ribs, obviously thinking it was cancer. He just thinks it's a muscle problem, didn't seem concerned at all. Even though he's told me twice im ok, I still think I have something wrong = P. I'm terrible eh

hi my name is Lucyma any pains make a person think ,as we hear so much about this and that and what to look out for,however muscle pains are a symptom of this anxiety and stress too!,although I think sometimes one can tear a muscle or ligament quite easy! if the pain keep s up I would insist on an xray if your Dr agrees,this would put maybe your mind to rest (on that one) I hope I am not sounding a pain? .another thought is sometimes we can have cramp like pain in the lower abdomen and it is wind.

Jimmydood, you're 16 so you are probably still growing. Next time you visit the Doc. ask if it could be to do with that. I say this because my son had a problem that eventually passed and it was all part of rapid growth.

I get odd pains in my head all the time. I had to see a neurologist and even had an MRI scan as I had convinced myself something was growing in my head, but no everything was OK.
    What was interesting is the doctor told me the head and neck are a mass of muscle and nerve tissue, so its perfectly normal to feel odd pains come and go, even if its in the same place. For example I always get migraines or pains on a small part of the left side of my temple, in a space the size of a 10p piece, and nowhere else! I thought that odd and that it must be a tumour etc.. but no, he said often people do get pains in one place only!
    He said if it was something serious other things would happen, you would lose use of a limb, you would be unable to walk, etc... so it would be obvious.
    Try not to worry, I wasted so much time worrying. And I still do sometimes!

Thread Information