Thread: Quick questin about lip twitching

Quick question about lip twitching

More than a year ago I had a lot of twitching, which caused a huge fear , but eventually all disappeared. As some of you may know, I have had this brain tumor scare recently, and truly worked myself up, huge anxiety, all nine yards. Trying to calm down after visit to my doctor. During these days all of a sudden my lower lip would be twitching for a couple of minutes. Usually at night, when I am in the bathroom, brushing teeth and getting ready to try to sleep. My question is: the fact that is is my (lower) lip, does not change anything to something serious or different from usual severe anxiety twitching, right? I just need a small push in the right direction since I am trying to come back down from the horrible brain tumor scare. Thank you so much!
    Last edited by Lana; 20-09-22 at 22:10.

Re: Quick question about lip twitching

Ok, now my upper right eye lid is slightly twitching too. Please, words of encouragement. I know I was down this road last year, why is this bothering me again? Thank you whoever replies.

Re: Quick questin about lip twitching

Twitching is harmless. I currently have a twitch inside my ear, I find it maddening but it doesn't worry me in the least.

I literally twitch most of the time.

I recently had a twitch in my toe which lasted for months.

I also have a recurring eye one.

Twitches are a nuisance and hugely irritating. I put the shits up Mr Batty by screaming at my toe to STOP FLUFFING TWITCHING!!!

I find using a warm compress on my eyelid helps, and I do the same with most other twitches. (I use hot and cold treatment and it does help, as does trying not to focus on the symptom)

BlueIris, NoraB,

Thank you so much guys!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Twitching is harmless. I currently have a twitch inside my ear, I find it maddening but it doesn't worry me in the least.
    Ooooo, I've had that one! Had it for at least 6-9 months on and off, in fact. Once had it for 12 hours straight, too. The absolute worst, because you can't escape it!

It's made much worse by my TMJ and by hormone changes. One night I got so fed up with it I literally told it "STOP IT!" I literally said it out loud (ok, mumbled, but still!) Then I put my head down on the pillow and went to sleep just for spite's sake.
    (First time in my life for spite-sleeping, but it turns out you can do almost anything in pique if you try hard enough!!)

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I literally twitch most of the time.

I recently had a twitch in my toe which lasted for months.

I also have a recurring eye one.

Twitches are a nuisance and hugely irritating. I put the shits up Mr Batty by screaming at my toe to STOP FLUFFING TWITCHING!!!
    Nora you are giving me quite the grin. Mr. K started twitching after I talked about all my twitching, too. We were talking one night and he got this look on his face and I asked what was the matter and he said "my butt was twitching but now my neck is twitching, how does that work?!" And all I could manage was a "SEE! See how annoying it is!!!" Mr. K was not very impressed.

But I very much endorse the idea of telling one's HA manifestations to take a hike!

Lana -- you are absolutely fine, I promise. Do you know how common facial twitching after an anxiety/stress episode is? So common the developers who built this Forum created an emoji for "scared" which literally has eye twitches.

I'm not kidding!!

Look! Watch him go!!!:

I had this is my chest the other day! Had a panic attack but I guess it’s totally normal anywhere you have muscles. I’ve absolutely had it on my mouth same place as you before. And eyes!! It’s so annoying because we cannot stop them!

I am having twitching in my lower lip, I am thinking mine is due to having lost my mom four months ago, not eating properly, not enough water, and hormones, mine started two days ago and it comes and goes.

Thread Information