Thread: Paranoia and Depression?

Paranoia and Depression?

Hi Everyone

Sorry if the heading is not spelt correctly(no good at spelling), well anyway, do you find that you have become more paranoid since having depression?

I don't know why but I have(I can't really help it, if you see what I mean), say if I walk down the street and there is a lot of people around, I keep thinking why are they looking at me, are they talking about me etc. I know it sound really silly, I think that is why when I go out now I always listen to my mp3 player, so if someone did shout something out at me I will not hear it.

Many Thanks

shygirlajb

Re: Paranoia and Depression?

Oh yes.. Having anxiety to tough, most of my day feels like i'm in a constant panic! Even stupid little things like "why did that person smile at me?" lol.. then i start to panic.. "was there soemthing in my teeth?, something in my hair..? etc" I can go on all day about dumb stuff.. But yes i'm sure a lot of us get paranoid over dumb little things..

Just try to shake it off and ignore the thoughts and feelings.. because the more you feed those thoughts the worse it'll get.. Once you start ignoring them they will start to melt away!

Take Care

Hi there,
    When we're low, we often feel like crying and so we feel pain. We then look at everyone and everything in a negative way so think the world is against us.

Once our mood lifts we then start viewing things in a better light.

Hi,

In a word, yes! I only get mildly depressed these days (thank goodness), but if i'm having a bad day I still get really, stupidly paranoid. Difficult as it is, we have to just try to realise that most people are too wrapped up in their own lives to bother saying stuff about us, and if the odd person is looking at you then it's just as likely to be for a good reason as a bad one. I know all this is much easier said than done though

Take care,

Anna x

Thread Information