Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vaccination side effects

Re: Vaccination side effects

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    If this was directed at my response Pulisa, then I can only say that I don't believe that it or any other respiratory virus is seasonal, in as much as they are ever present - you can get summer colds and flu so stands to reason that that the new bug will follow the same course. The 'seasonal' increase in infection generally coincides with colder periods and shorter daylight hours when people are less likely to build up healthy immune response with daylight and Vitamin D exposure.

As far as vaccinating against respiratory illness -can anyone really attest that it has ever been successful? It doesn't stop spread or infection only possibly mitigates the worst effects of infection. You can vaccinate against bacterial viruses (e.g. measles, smallpox, mumps) but that is a whole other biological ballgame..... Just trying to apply common sense.
    I've been taking 8000IU vitamin D for about 18 months now, I'm a lot fitter than I was and a healthy BMI, healthy diet. Still got Covid. Oh and building up natural immunity with Smallpox? Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I elected not to use dorabella's version of common sense and had my bivalent booster today. Basic ignorance can't be helped
    A wise move Pulisa. I got my booster the 'long winded way'.

I'm sure your antibodies will be more beneficial and effective, Fishman...I'm sure my turn will come re Covid whatever I choose to do. It appears to be random anyway in the way that infection spreads but I believe in vaccination. If others don't that's their choice. No one is forcing them to have anything they don't want.

No sniper's bullet, Pain. Your comment failed to hit its intended target.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm sure your antibodies will be more beneficial and effective, Fishman...I'm sure my turn will come re Covid whatever I choose to do. It appears to be random anyway in the way that infection spreads but I believe in vaccination. If others don't that's their choice. No one is forcing them to have anything they don't want.
    Exactly Pulisa. It's a free country (for the most part, at least).

And 48 hours post booster I'm absolutely fine. Kept moving the sore arm as normal and minimal discomfort this morning.

I had my booster on Monday. My first moderna after being a Pfizer girl for the other three. Quite a painful injection this time, so had a sore arm for a few days but other than that OK. Flu jab on Monday - I opted to have them separately this year as I felt a bit rubbish after having them together last year.

Well I'm feeling a bit groggy today following my fourth Covid jab yesterday, as if i've got 'mild' flu, but (so far) no runny nose, sore throat nor phlegmy cough.

Par for the course I suppose.

Had mine last week (Pfizer). Sore at the injection site for a couple of days and that was it. Not even the tiredness I had with the others.

Flu jab was a week prior.

Can't afford to be off work - no sick pay for those of us in the gig economy.

I went for double bubble, covid one arm, flu in the other. I was fine, no side effects... for 12 hours, then aches in every joint, I was really hot to the touch, yet felt freezing cold, this hit at 4 in the morning.
    By 1pm I was out doing a 5 mile walk and felt absolutely fine. Hit me like a truck, but left just as quick.

I've been delaying (because I felt so rubbish last time) but I do have to go and get it done. I know I will feel like crap for a week (then again, what's new?)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information