Thread: Health anxiety and complicated health issues

Health anxiety and complicated health issues

Hi everyone, I am 44, I have 4 year old. I've always had serious health issues. I am currently stable but every time something goes wrong with my health or I get a health scare, my anxiety hits the roof especially now that I am a mom.

My anxiety disorder started when I fainted in 2007 and I have been on citalopram since then (currently 20 mg, the maximum dose allowed). The fear of fainting stayed with me. I have fainted two more times within the last 5 years and the last one was more like a seizure. Both times I was trying to wean off citalopram. The second time I had to go down to 10 mg from 20 immediately due to suspected side effects and I had the seizure.

Recently I've been more anxious due to health issues again. Now my psychiatrist wants me to switch the Sertraline and I am terrified I'll faint or have another seizure. I am not sure I want to do that but at the same time citalopram is no longer enough for me. As I was too scared to reduce Citalopram from 20 to 10 and start 25 mg of Sertraline at the same time, my psychiatrist said to keep taking citalopram 20 mg but also start on Sertraline 25 but I am worried about the possibility of serotonin syndrome. Anyone tried anything alike that? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Bananahammock and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Health anxiety and complicated health issues

Hello. I am new here too. Unfortunately not to health anxiety. Having a particularly shit time at the moment but trying to keep on keeping on. I haven't come here to discuss any symptoms or give or take advice burning my experience a problem shared is a problem halved... Happy to chat without any specifics being mentioned.

Thread Information