Thread: Do I wait to get my booster?

Question Do I wait to get my booster?

My anxiety around COVID has been quite bad at times, I will admit. But I've been trying to do the right thing as a vulnerable person and take all the proper precautions (washing hands regularly, wearing an n95/ffp2 mask mostly, trying to go to ventilated places where possible, not go to crowded events etc.

But right now I'm in two minds about what is best to do. I've been invited for my booster for Fall/Autumn, as a vulnerable person, but I had caught COVID in mid-July and know a lot of countries health guidance are recommending waiting 3 months. In my country (UK) it recommends only 28 days, but it's suggested it's likely to benefit me more if I wait until the 3 month mark. however, because winter is almost here, and because my partner is going back into the office now a bit more often, I'm worried he'll bring it back before I can get my next booster lol. But if I miss the window for my booster this time I don't know when I'll next be able to get it (they're only doing this up until December)

my last booster was a year ago now almost (last november) and you can only get a booster in my country twice a year (as a vulnerable patient - but i didn't qualify for the Spring booster last time)

Should I just go ahead and follow the UK guidance and not bother waiting an extra month now or should I hold out for the extra few weeks and get it done when it's recommended by most countries? I don't know the specific benefits of waiting the extra time.. I'm assuming there must be some but I'm not sure why the UK guidance is so different from the rest of the world lol.
    Just figured I'd get some ideas on what people would suggest would be better to do...

Re: Do I wait to get my booster?

I would probably say follow the guidance set in this country. If you want to check you could always ring your GP practice and see what they recommend?

Thread Information