Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sinuses

Re: Sinuses

Well that's good Terry

Apparently pollen counts have actually been higher over recent days; yes even in winter, believe it or not!

Both me and my dad have been affected ourselves.

My dad reckons that pollen in winter has no doubt always been a thing; just that we probably weren't really aware of it in the past, obviously due to lesser surveillance systems in place, unlike today.

But then that can also apply to a lot of other things of course.

Funny you should say that. I went into a florist a couple of days ago and my nose started streaming. They had very little flowers for the time of year, mainly plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Funny you should say that. I went into a florist a couple of days ago and my nose started streaming. They had very little flowers for the time of year, mainly plants.
    I think over the past 20-odd years or so we've become more hypervigilant towards a lot of things that somehow previously passed unnoticed; mainly due to lesser, or sometimes even virtually non-existent awareness.

I think this hypervigilance thing (obviously due largely to increased awareness) can be a bit of a vicious circle, and inadvertently lead to psychosomatic symptoms in some people. In a nutshell, a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.

I posted a thread on here before Christmas stating that I was wondering as to whether or not many illnesses are actually more prevalent today than ever before, or whether a lot of it is down to more information and greater awareness in general, especially with the Internet and 24/7 rolling media.

Also (for better or worse), I don't think that people discussed their personal ailments quite as openly with all and sundry as much in the past, and tended to keep such matters more private.

Gunk in the eyes.
    Like a watery film,sometimes streaming. Horrible!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information