Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinuses

Re: Sinuses

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Oh no! You didn't ankietyjoe, lol.
    It was Phil2. Apologies Phil.

Now you have posted, thanks ankietyjoe for helpful advice.

All good

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Steam works for me and popping my ears, as soon as I start feeling congested I pop my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post

I buy this saline spray when I need 'blockage' relief, which I much prefer to a medicated spray.
    This doesn't work on me. (And the medicated stuff makes my heart race and gives me chest pain so I'm stuffed)

I've also found that focusing on NOT mouth breathing tends to clear the sinuses out a bit. Even if you're bunged up, deliberately breathing through the nose sometimes kinda forces your body to clear it out for you.
    I do this thing where I close one nostril and breathe through the other one, and vice versa. My eyes bulge when I'm trying to breathe through the bunged up one but I do get there eventually.

Sinuses are playing up today. Grumpy teen has a cold and he's spread his germs to me. I don't get normal colds now (for some reason) I don't sneeze or have sore throats; I get pain all over my face and my ear blocks up.

I'M DEAFER THAN EVER!

I do the nostril breathing routine nora, it sounds like a tuning up of a brass band, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    This doesn't work on me. (And the medicated stuff makes my heart race and gives me chest pain so I'm stuffed)

Have you tried 'really getting it up there'? Until it goes down the back of your throat? (nice....I know.....)

It's not the same squirt strategy as the medicated sprays. You have to pretend it's a line of naughty salt.

As an allergy/sinus sufferer for my entire life, I can say I've been able to manage it reasonably well with OTC remedies. Both my wife and I take a generic Zyrtec daily and we have an OTC nasal spray for any flair ups as well as saline to moisturize during the dry times of winter. That and a box of tissues within arm's reach (Puffs with lotion are the best!) at all times. Also, I've found the breath right nose strips for sleep are wonderful!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm getting a lovely image of the ladies on here. Sounds like a footie match.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 03-10-22 at 02:36. Reason: Typo

I used to use the generic Zyrtec tablets but am too old now.
    Not supposed to use them if you're over 65.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Have you tried 'really getting it up there'? Until it goes down the back of your throat? (nice....I know.....)

It's not the same squirt strategy as the medicated sprays. You have to pretend it's a line of naughty salt.
    I have done, Joe. I snort the stuff until I feel it run down the back of my throat.

I actually have this sinus issue all the time (one nostril is always blocked or stuffed up and the side varies). I do have some seasonal allergies, but I have fibromyalgia too and this condition means that the facial muscles can tighten up and affect the sinuses and functioning. I also have TMJ (I'm falling to chuffin' bits here tbh) so I have a few factors going on? I have a problem with steroid sprays (MCS) so they're out. The saline doesn't work, but the massaging does help to shift things about a bit. Other than this, it's heat treatment and pain medication. (Like this weekend when I had to sleep on my heat pad and take codeine because of the face ache)

Mine varies side to side as well.
    I also get blocked ears.
    I have to wear loose glasses and even a hat can set off head pain if its too tight.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information