Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happened to the extensive media coverage of Covid lately?

Re: What's happened to the extensive media coverage of Covid lately?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    He definitely does get triggered by the media. It's more where there is abuse involved that reminds him of his poor experiences with education and social care. Unrest also upsets him.

Learning to sit with the exposure is very important to desensitise to it but with his autism it's obviously much more complicated than anxiety alone.

I think too much news overwhelms him because it sucks him in. Just like how someone passionate about a cause is when they have negative experiences.

I think he does know the answer to these questions he asks because he is an intelligent guy. It might be an outlet for what he feels to post it to us?
    Is it a form of reassurance-seeking as you are still very fearful of further lockdowns, Lenco?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    A vet once told me that they have the sharpest teeth of all the rodents..Don't mess with a squirrel!
    Which is why you don't want them in your loft, as I once had. They can do a LOT of damage.

I hate the bloody things.

Is it a form of reassurance-seeking as you are still very fearful of further lockdowns, Lenco?
    Not necessarily, as the lockdowns were absolutely necessary at the height of the pandemic, especially before the first vaccines came along. But it's more the same old cack-handedness from the authorities who are all too often caught napping during the onset of major crises, and usually only seem to act when it's much too late.

I just happen to find it funny that in the space of just a few short months that Covid has gone from still being a mega serious threat (as it already had since about February 2020) to seemingly being of only marginal concern in the grand scheme of things now, despite the fact that the numbers have edged up again over recent weeks.

If Covid is genuinely no longer the same big threat it was previously then fab, but I also think you mentioned around late spring-early summer something about you believing that both the authorities and the media were 'playing down' Covid and 'pretending' that the pandemic was over, though to be fair I can't remember your exact wording.

Yes I did because it suited their agenda to downplay it. Now I imagine that attempting to "manage" Covid in its current form would be a non-starter in view of Partygate, the ineptitude of the Gov in general and the credibility of the new Health Secretary?

A vet once told me that they have the sharpest teeth of all the rodents..Don't mess with a squirrel!
    The claws are like needles. When I've fed them at a local park they grab your fingers. Much sharper than a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The claws are like needles. When I've fed them at a local park they grab your fingers. Much sharper than a cat.
    Hamsters are pretty vicious as well! Still have a scar on my finger from a little b**ger that bit me and wouldn't let go (over 40 years ago!)

Lenco - agree with others on this post - stay away from the media, internet and tedious 'crisis' coverage - the media are drunk on this and too lazy to go out and do sensible journalism. Frankly there is no more mileage in the pandemic coverage for them. The virus is now endemic like the flu and the common cold - just get on and go about your life

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    Hamsters are pretty vicious as well! Still have a scar on my finger from a little b**ger that bit me and wouldn't let go (over 40 years ago!)
    Wow. 40 years is a long time for the little blighter to hang on

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

Rats with good PR, that's all!
    This made me laugh, PM.

BTW, I've now been invited to get my fourth (booster) jab, and my dad had his yesterday.

I think it'd be in full force still but the tabloids have the war and COL to make people feel terrified!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information