Thread: Missing Doses

Missing Doses

Ok so I should know better, especially as I’m a paramedic, but I missed 2 doses of my Venlafaxine MR. Taken a dose today and I feel really sick! Do the side effects really kick in again after missing just 2 days??

Re: Missing Doses

Yup they can do

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You are probably experiencing withdrawal rather than side-effects. Like all the SNRIs venlafaxine has a very short half-life, about 4 hours, so withdrawal can begin within 3-6 of a missed dose. They usually diminish soon after resuming, though may not settle down fully until after tomorrow's dose.

Thank you.

I guess I thought I had a bit more wiggle room with the modified release stuff. Lesson learned.

The modified release slowly feeds the med into the bloodstream for about 24 hours (often it's slightly less) and half of that last amount will be eliminated four hours later and all of it within 20 hours.

Thread Information