Thread: Worried again about COVID.

Worried again about COVID.

Hi everyone,

I went to the pharmacy today and a man came in. It’s a small place, we were both wearing masks. He was about 5 feet away from me, possibly more. He had a cough twice.

What worries me is I had to walk by the area in where he coughed two times. Also waited in the store for about 10 minutes. My health anxiety is so high right now thinking the worst. :(

Re: Worried again about COVID.

Hi,

Well you’ve done all you can and you were both protected. Worrying about it won’t help really.

I’m not sure what else you want to hear?

My partner had covid and I slept in the same bed as him and didn’t catch it. My daughter had it a different time and I didn’t catch it either. I did eventually catch it the 2nd time she had it though….

I have the same doubt. I was calm since my illness in Septembar and didn't think of covid at all (I still wear mask in pharmacy because I have to and in a bus because I feel safer but not at the stores) and I came to the pharmacy two days ago and the pharmacist said to the handyman that he should put a mask on because a covid positive woman was just in here. I didn't see her because she obviously left before I came in and I was just for a minute there, I went to the door almost running, but I am still very scared. It's not nice to hear that. I remember that night in September when I wasn't sure if I have a sore throat or not (and I had) and I felt something similar 30 minutes ago and old panic came back. I hate this. I think I didn't have covid in September, that it was another virus and it scares me.

This kind of thing happens to me all the time! I don't THINK I've ever caught it though.

I think this is because:

a) lots of people have coughs but are not contagious with anything

b) even if they are contagious with covid it's not sure-fire you'll get it.

Of course there's always a chance. It depends how much you're around people I think.

Thread Information