Thread: Solipsism is ruining my life

Solipsism is ruining my life

I’m scared that I’m trapped in a dream, or in an a universe I don’t belong in and the only way to get to where I really belong is suicide. I can’t talk to anyone because I’m so convinced they aren’t real. I’m scared and I don’t know what to do. I’ve been going through this for 2 years and I feel hopeless. I just want to feel normal again…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Solipsism is ruining my life

Hi sweetheart, I’m sorry you feel this way. I can assure you that you are not trapped in a dream. This fear is extremely common and one I have had in the past. It’s very common in people with ocd, personality disorders, anxiety and depression. Have you ever been diagnosed with any of the above. Suicide isn’t the answer. The problem with suicide is death is very final there’s no coming back from it. Imagine you don’t find what you are looking for on the other side. Not to mention the utter devastation you will leave behind in the form of ur family’s grief. Whether you currently believe them to be real or not you need to contact you doctor asap.. like today and discuss these feelings to start receiving treatment and support. Please inbox me at any time I am happy to listen and to talk. Sarah ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiepie2023 View Post
    or in an a universe I don’t belong in
    This has been me all my life..

I can't better Sara's response. Get some help, CP.

Hello, I suffer from derealization and have done 24/7 for 7 years. I too had the same thoughts as you for the first year or two. I promise you as much as this all feels like a dream and not real it is very real. I understand how scary the vision of being behind glass or everything looks like a dream can be. once you stop giving it as much attention and just accept its here for a while. You will handle it a lot better you will! mine is 24/7 but it varies in intensity most of the time it sort of just lingers around very mild when i get very anxious or have panic attacks it get strong again. Good sleep, continuing as normal as you can and understanding its a protection mechanism of the brain is things that can help. Sorry you are going through this x

Recovering from my conditions and looking to the future.
    I am not very active but do try to reply to mails.

I have had this on and off for 60 years (and still standing) , particularly bad now with this awful winter. If you have really dark thoughts you can call The Samaritans who are here night and day. They have probably heard it all before - because you are not alone, many many people suffer from this especially at this time of year. For me it is if there is a glass screen separating me from the word - even as as close as the television. I've had hallucinations - visual and kinaesthetic, I just tell myself it's all an illusion. Try to live with it and let it pass, knowing that there are others out there who feel the same and who do care. Wishing you peace of mind

Thread Information