Thread: Handhold please - colonoscopy tomorrow

Handhold please - colonoscopy tomorrow

Hello lovely people. I’m new here and I guess I just need a hand hold today. I’ve had some pelvic discomfort the past few weeks and I have a colonoscopy scheduled tomorrow.

In short, the discomfort is on the left side mainly and radiates to my back. It’s not pain, just really an uncomfortable feeling, almost like mild menstrual cramps. I also feel the urge for to have a bowel movement, but if I go only a bit comes out if anything at all and it’s usually quite watery and soft. I FEEL constipated - there is that feeling of fullness - but if I go it’s quite soft or diarrhoea. It all began a few weeks out of nowhere. Prior to that I was pretty regular with normal bowel movements.

Yesterday I took a laxative and had a very satisfying BM (sorry for TMI) - well shaped and normalising - followed by another that was essentially brown water.

I have celiac disease so always conscious of my abdominal and stomach comfort. The only stomach issues I’ve had is a few years ago two instances of not being able to control my bowels - it was odd and never happened again so I never mentioned it to anyone.

This morning I had a small loose BM with some mucusy pink blood in it. I’m now here crying and drafting goodbye messages to my two little boys in my head, which just intensifies my anxiety and sends me spiralling into a panic attack while googling “how to tell small children their mother is dying”.

I don’t really know what I’m here for. I’m just so scared that I’ve got bowel cancer or some other abdominal or pelvic cancer and I’m not sure how to get through the next twenty hours.

Re: Handhold please - colonoscopy tomorrow

I should also mentioned that when my symptoms started they came on quite suddenly one night. A feeling of dull cramps and needing to go to the toilet but not being able to go. My doctor ran some bloods and my CRP was elevated as was my white blood cell count. A repeat test a week later was completely normal though I was still mildly symptomatic (though not as acute as that first episode)

Good luck for tomorrow! Let us know how you get on.

Thanks @scass

Good luck for tomorrow.x

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks all. Just finishing prep and going in in a couple of hours. Terrified.

Hope all went well.

Thank you everyone.

Update - had the colonoscopy yesterday which was a breeze and thankfully revealed a healthy colon with no growths or inflammation. I feel so grateful and relieved after having mini breakdowns throughout the morning while waiting for the procedure.

Thank you for the hand holds.

Good to hear bum-cam was a positive experience for you, Fadeout.

Thread Information