Thread: Heart attack and some other heart worries.

Heart attack and some other heart worries.

I’m an active 34 year old. I’ve changed my diet to lower my cholesterol and have lost weight and to lower my blood pressure. I had Covid around June and had lots of post Covid fatigue for a few months. I’ve had numerous blood tests during that time which showed some minor issues with kidneys.

I’ve started back in the gym and have been getting palpitations while exercising which is not normal for me. Usually that only happens when I’m extremely tired or highly stressed. I’ve also started having jaw pain and though I shouldn’t, I’m correlating the two and attributing it to my heart.

I’ve had an EKG but can’t escape the worry that I’ve recently experienced a heart issue or that I’m going to. I’ve started back on Prozac 10mg and have been on for a near a few weeks now.

Re: Heart attack and some other heart worries.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm having something similar post-covid. It seems like increased palpitations after exercise. I'm to the point where I think I am going to consult with my Dr. or a cardiologist to figure out what's going on. No pain on exertion though.

Ive had covid 2 weeks ago ive now been left with a bit of chest pressure feeling and cold chest feeling occassional cough. I tried a short walk this morning and felt the pressure and little harder then usual to breathe fully. I have trouble with my nose and breath8ng which requires me to use a steriod spray to help keep it working so was wondering if that could be contributing to the breathing probs after walk. Also stressful time with a family relative finding out they have a tumour in there head starting to push on there brain which will require surgery so is that adding to the pressure. I go to the walk in centre and the nurse listens to my chest says it sounds all clear no probs like pneumonia but because uve mentioned pressure u have to go to A and E just as a standard procedure but i dont think u have any problems like that. Which sets off my anxiety as well what do i do? A and e is 20 hours waiting according to the news but she didnt seem to think they would find anything.

Ive had covid 2 weeks ago ive now been left with a bit of chest pressure feeling and cold chest feeling occassional cough. I tried a short walk this morning and felt the pressure and little harder then usual to breathe fully. I have trouble with my nose and breath8ng which requires me to use a steriod spray to help keep it working so was wondering if that could be contributing to the breathing probs after walk. Also stressful time with a family relative finding out they have a tumour in there head starting to push on there brain which will require surgery so is that adding to the pressure. I go to the walk in centre and the nurse listens to my chest says it sounds all clear no probs like pneumonia but because uve mentioned pressure u have to go to A and E just as a standard procedure but i dont think u have any problems like that. Which sets off my anxiety as well what do i do? A and e is 20 hours waiting according to the news but she didnt seem to think they would find anything. ?

I just realized that I posted in this thread and never provided an update:

I told my doctor about my palpitations and he did an in-office EKG which was normal. He then set me up with a 72-hour Holter monitor. I had a few episodes of palpitations during the 72-hour period so I pushed the event button. I just got the report back and it showed a few benign PVCs at a rate of less than 0.01%. No afib, flutters, or anything serious. So it seems these are just stress-related palpitations and nothing to be concerned about.

I will be honest though, I think I worked myself up post-covid and kind of brought the problem on myself. Given the media and misinfo out there, I think subconsciously I belived I could have heart damage after a mild case of covid. I now know this to be extremely unlikely and confirmed as not the case after some testing. Stress is a hell of a thing.

When walking upstairs I’ve felt a pounding sensation in my chest and when I’m taking a deep breath ?

Should I be worried, my nose is slightly blocked at the moment too , as well as being anxious

Thread Information