Thread: 😭Third HPV positive and normal smear. Referred for Colposcopy.

😭Third HPV positive and normal smear. Referred for Colposcopy.

The result I've been dreading. I am so done with this. Why isn't my body clearing hpv like a normal person? I'm so scared. 😪 Has anyone been through similar? Can you give me any positive stories? I feel sick.

Re: 😭Third HPV positive and normal smear. Referred for Colposcopy.

I have the HPV virus and probably will for the rest of my life. My smears are always HPV positive so I just accept that I have to have smear tests every year from now on.

I had a colposcopy in my 20's and nothing has ever developed into cancer from then.

It may be one of those things that you never get rid of but that doesn't mean it can cause cancer as I assume that is what you are worried about?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had my first positive HPV test last year around this time and I was super anxious when I heard the results, but I had no cell changes. I didn't realize though that they send you for a colposcopy if the HPV virus doesn't go. I'm sure though that if there's no cell changes that's promising at least. I have to get my smear done relatively soon as I had the letter through but I just ended up with a severe vaginal infection of some kind so am gonna have to wait for that to go before I can lol.

Thank you both.
    Have you ever had to have any treatment Nicola? Or has it ever progressed? I thought that if you didn't get rid of it you'll end up having cancer?

My HPV shows up predominately as warts on my fingers and toes and they have been treating that for about 12 years now.

The only reason it was picked up when having a smear is they only started testing for it a few years ago.

Never had treatment for cervical HPV and it has not progressed.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you x

Hi, I had persistent hpv for over 15 years...probably much longer. If you haven't had the hpv vaccine I highly recommend you do. There's research that now shows it can help clear persistent lesions and infections. I had it, mine cleared and I am negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Starburst8 View Post
    Hi, I had persistent hpv for over 15 years...probably much longer. If you haven't had the hpv vaccine I highly recommend you do. There's research that now shows it can help clear persistent lesions and infections. I had it, mine cleared and I am negative.
    I didn't think people over a certain age could get it.. I'm 37 and I was never offered it because it was only offered to teenagers when I was already too old...

Yes, same. I'm 32 and I didn't think we could have it now? X

Thread Information