Thread: ALT levels high. Worried.

ALT levels high. Worried.

Hello everyone. So I made a mistake and googled something. I had a test done in terms of blood work and it said my ALT level was 83 U/L. I had a ct scan of my lower pelvic area for another reason but they said I have a mildly enlarged diffuse fatty liver. Of course I started googling and now I知 petrified I値l die of liver failure. Also yesterday I noticed an orange like sand in my urine. There was a very very small amount today as well but mostly clear. I知 24 years old male and 350 pounds. Could this all be due to my weight?? I just started a diet. But I知 so scared. I have a video visit with my PCP on Thursday.

Re: ALT levels high. Worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark8800 View Post
    Hello everyone. So I made a mistake and googled something. I had a test done in terms of blood work and it said my ALT level was 83 U/L. I had a ct scan of my lower pelvic area for another reason but they said I have a mildly enlarged diffuse fatty liver. Of course I started googling and now I知 petrified I値l die of liver failure. Also yesterday I noticed an orange like sand in my urine. There was a very very small amount today as well but mostly clear. I知 24 years old male and 350 pounds. Could this all be due to my weight?? I just started a diet. But I知 so scared. I have a video visit with my PCP on Thursday.

Your fatty liver is almost certainly because of your weight. Losing weight can help reverse the fatty liver. NAFLD usually isn稚 an urgent problem but it is one that can cause issues over time. Definitely nothing to panic over but losing weight should definitely be a goal. Don稚 know about the urine.

Thread Information