Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: :(

Re: :(

My pooch did another walkies refusal this morning. She went eventually but the dog walker sent me a video of her keep stopping and she just looks like she doesn't want to be there. (6 weeks ago, she was bombing after cats and rabbits), so I phoned the vets and they're seeing her in half an hour. (Have stalked her around the yard to get a wee sample).

I'm hoping that this is dip a thingy in her pee, yes, this a water infection and here are some drugs, that'll be £200. (Slight exaggeration)

Good luck nora x

I'm back but I've had to leave the pooch at the vets. They found a problem with her heart and the kidneys may be also affected, so they're going to sedate her and run some tests..

Leaving her there felt pretty shit tbh, but if it means they can help her....

Definite positive thoughts for your doggie Nora. The things you're seeing, I'm seeing too. Our boy is drinking a bit more too (another kidney issue sign) and using his litter box but he's not really eating his kibble and not finishing his raw chicken (he's been getting that since I got him as its recommended by Pixie Bob breeders) His appointment is next week and I have to drop him off when the Vet opens. Socrates is a crazy cat at the Vet and they have to sedate him to examine him. Been that way since he was a baby. So we'll see. If he gets worse before then, we can take him to the emergency vet (about 20 minutes away). Meanwhile, I'm just keeping an eye on him.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Big hugs FMP and Nora

This is very close to me as you know at the moment. I sincerely hope your cat and dog have a lot more time with you both yet.

They are family and we love them as such. We watch them grow old, knowing what we must bear when the time comes. In truth I don’t know how we do bear it. But we do.

All good wishes coming from here xxxxx

Ghost…Spillways

It's because we don't like our pets too suffer that we put aside our own emotional feelings. We do the right thing for them. Thinking of you both nora and FMP.

Thinking of you both, FMP and Nora. It's so hard when our pets are sick, and it's hard to leave them at the vet as well even when it's in their best interest. I've had to do it a handful of times and couldn't settle myself, it felt like there was something missing, which of course there was.

Positive thoughts, hopefully in both cases it is something easily dealt with or managed and you can get several more years together.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Oh heck Nora, a worrying time for you both.

This is breaking my heart, but I had to say goodbye to my girl last night..

When I walked her to the vets yesterday, I had no idea that it would be for the last time. Even when I had to leave her there for the tests, I thought it would be a heart issue that they would be able to manage. However, later in the afternoon, the vet called to say that Pooch had been given an ultrasound scan and that's when she found cancer. The diagnosis was metastatic liver cancer. She was a very poorly pooch. Under these circumstances, there was only one choice to be made..

We went down later on to spend time with her, and we gave her loads of hugs and kisses, then I stayed with her as the vet put her to sleep. This is the second time I've been present during euthanasia and as hard as it is to go through, it means more to me that my girls had a familiar face/voice with them in their final moments.

I know the first few years of her life were crap. We rescued her and gave her the best life we possibly could. My heart is battered, I'm beyond sad, but this is the price we pay for loving them, right?

Hey girlie,

I know you're off somewhere chasing rabbits (and maybe you'll actually catch the buggers this time).

Thank you for the joy, the love, and those nostril-burning farts. (I won't miss those).

You've been with me through my worst times; a comforting presence with an ever-wagging tail and nudge of the hand as if to say, Hey, I'm here. You're not alone'. (Thank you)

Go fly through those fields. Chase to your heart's content. That's what you were born to do and there's nothing to slow you down anymore.

This is how I want to remember you.

Goodbye my little girl. X

Last edited by NoraB; 09-11-22 at 07:12.

Awful news...Am so very sorry, Nora...xxxx

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information