Thread: Neck sensation ruining my life.

Neck sensation ruining my life.

For the last month I've had a feeling of inflammation/swelling (best I can describe) on the left side of my neck/upper jaw by my ear to underneath jaw by my glands, lymphnodes. Been bothering me for a month thinking it's nefarious. Went to urgent care yesterday and the doctor didn't find anything. I told her i have anxiety and depression and that i clench my jaws at night. She didn't disagree that could play a part. The Dr felt my neck and thyroid and listened to my carotid artery and said nothing was abnormal. I would have gotten more piece of mind but she said the neck has many layers and she can only feel so much. She put me on an ibuprofen regiment for the next few days and said if it's not feeling better to call my pcp.

This has been ruining my life to the point where my fiance decided to call my parents to check in on me since she is away for work this week. Really at my wit's end at the moment.

Re: Neck sensation ruining my life.

I have the exact same symptoms! I feel pressure on the left side of my neck, ear fullness and sometimes pain and pain in the gland below the ear. Would be interested to know if you have an update. Sorry you are feeling this way

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark88 View Post
    For the last month I've had a feeling of inflammation/swelling (best I can describe) on the left side of my neck/upper jaw by my ear to underneath jaw by my glands, lymphnodes. Been bothering me for a month thinking it's nefarious. Went to urgent care yesterday and the doctor didn't find anything. I told her i have anxiety and depression and that i clench my jaws at night. She didn't disagree that could play a part. The Dr felt my neck and thyroid and listened to my carotid artery and said nothing was abnormal. I would have gotten more piece of mind but she said the neck has many layers and she can only feel so much. She put me on an ibuprofen regiment for the next few days and said if it's not feeling better to call my pcp.

This has been ruining my life to the point where my fiance decided to call my parents to check in on me since she is away for work this week. Really at my wit's end at the moment.
    Is it not ridiculous that you're using language like 'ruining my life' when talking about neck pain?

On the understanding that we've all done it with health anxiety, it's still ridiculous right? Is it not the definition of being massively melodramatic?

You've been given the all clear pretty much, try and get on with your life. You clench your jaws, you have the answer. Get on with your life, and deal with the underlying anxiety/depression. Stop the anxiety affirming thought patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark88 View Post

Oh my god I had exactly the same!!!! And it absolutely drove me crazy as well. You need to go to a Chiropractor to sort your neck out. Please please do this and let me how you get on. Doctors are useless with this. I was also given ibuprofen gel- absolute waste of time. Go to a chiropractor and they will sort you out and ALL that will go away!!!!!

Thread Information