View Poll Results: How many times have you been paranoid you have covid but it was actually nothing?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

1 12.50%
  • Once

2 25.00%
  • 2-3 times

4 50.00%
  • 4-5 times

0 0%
  • 5-10 times

1 12.50%
  • More than 10 times!

0 0%

Thread: Covid hypochondria

Covid hypochondria

I'll so make a poll for this!

TWICE now I've been sure I've had covid and it's turned out to be nothing. I guess that's not too bad considering how long it's been.

The second time I'm still within the potential incubation period but with every passing day it's looking less likely.

I just wondered who else has had this issue!

Might be interesting to see the poll results!

EDIT -- Oh, when I say "nothing" in the poll... I guess I'm also including mild maladies as "nothing".

Re: Covid hypochondria

How about Covid psychosomatic disorders too?

Well, I've had it twice (last December and May). But, I panicked like crazy that I had it in December 20 because I'd been in the car at someone at work that tested positive a few days later, then we had an outbreak at work after we had a works 'do' in, I think Feb/March this year, although I wasn't as worried about it that time and this weekend I've felt rubbish since Friday and have taken 2 tests, just in case, which are both negative so I guess it must be a different virus. To be honest not panicking about it this time, just irritated because I feel rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    How about Covid psychosomatic disorders too?
    Do you mean when you imagine a symptom or it's caused by the worry that you might be ill? I've had both of those!

Also I've had symptoms from other health problems that I thought might be signs of covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Well, I've had it twice (last December and May). But, I panicked like crazy that I had it in December 20 because I'd been in the car at someone at work that tested positive a few days later, then we had an outbreak at work after we had a works 'do' in, I think Feb/March this year, although I wasn't as worried about it that time and this weekend I've felt rubbish since Friday and have taken 2 tests, just in case, which are both negative so I guess it must be a different virus. To be honest not panicking about it this time, just irritated because I feel rubbish.
    Ah I see. I don't *think* I've ever had it. Twice recently yeah I've been concerned I might have it but... it's definitely not clear cut. Just niggling weird feelings as opposed to anything resembling a cold or flu. So it may well just be psychosomatic.

A local friend of mine has had it twice and I bump into him a lot. Once in 2020 right before he had it which was right at the start of everything, but luckily I didn't pick it up from him.

I don't really interact with large numbers of people at this point in my life so that's probably why I've avoided it for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Last December (2021) was the transition from late Delta to very early Omicron BA.1, so there's a chance it might have been either variant that you had as both more or less coexisted at that time, though by very late January 2022 Delta was pretty much gone (at least from our shores). Then when you had Covid second time round in May it would have either been late BA.2 or very early BA.4 or BA.5.

When I had my Covid back in February 2022 it would have either been late BA.1 or very early BA.2, as it was the transition period between both. But for me it just felt like an ordinary cold at the time and nothing out of the ordinary.

The 'virus' you have right now is probably just an ordinary cold, or maybe even 'normal' flu.

I mean - We test any time someone gets an upper respiratory virus and I have an 8 year old, so that's A LOT. But, I've never really thought any of those times were Covid, we were just checking. The one time I did have Covid I didn't test until the second day because I thought it was allergies, haha.

Thread Information