Thread: Perimenopause

Perimenopause

Hi I am just after a bit of advice, I'm 45 and for probably past year been have a lot of symptoms which have been put down to perimenopause, weight gain, bloating, period changes, bad anxiety and panic, headaches, aches and pains, digestive issues probably to name but a few, drs have given me HRT to start but haven't yet, I have recently been getting another symptom which is very worrying and it really worrying me, sometimes when I eat I suddenly panic and feel like I can't swollow and I really have to force myself to swollow but can't I obviously do but it's very scary and feel very panicked, I have read its a symptom but has anyone else experienced this, do I go to drs as i feel its sometimes very serious, I am on lansoprazole for heartburn issues been on them about 6 months and they control it well, thanks so much, toria.

Re: Perimenopause

Im the same age as you and i wonder if the swallowing issues are to do with anxiety? What worries you about it in particular?

Thanks for replying, In my health anxiety mind I have some sort of cancer, I do feel very anxious in general at times and panicky at meal times, when I was a child I choked on a hard sweet, and I'm always saying to my kids be careful when eating certain things, my son likes to chew chewing gum and I don't like him having it in case he choked, so maybe the more I think about it maybe it's my anxiety more than a symptom of perimenopause. I think I have got very anxious recently which I think is related to age and its causing me to worry about more and more things,I am also putting it together with my other digestive issues and thinking it's serious, x

there is an excellent site called https://mysecondspring.ie/menopause/perimenopause

Thread Information