Thread: I have Covid and I知 scared?

I have Covid and I知 scared?

Hello, I tested positive for Covid on November 25. Today is the 30th and I am still testing positive on at home tests, so I am unable to return to work. It started with a sore throat which has since gone, and then it went to a runny/stuffy nose which is a bit better, but I知 left with a dry cough. I don稚 have a fever or anything anymore, I知 mostly left with being stuffed up and coughing occasionally.

I am really scared since I am still positive 5 days later. I知 worried this cough will turn into pneumonia and that I will be hospitalized. I did have the initial 2 doses of the vaccine and 1 booster shot a few months ago.

Can anyone share their experience? I am really scared.

Re: I have Covid and I知 scared?

Testing positive for 5 days is completely normal. I tested positive for closer to 10 when I had it.

Focus on what is now. Do you have pneumonia now? No. Right now you have the after effects of a cold like infection. Stop thinking the worst and creating a problem that doesn't exist.

I tested positive for 8 days, it was incredibly frustrating because I had to have 2 negatives before I could go back to work.

My brother and several of my colleagues have said that they tested positive for ten or even eleven days even though they felt okay - this seems to be a feature of the Omicron variant. Don't be surprised if this is what happens to you.

I'm one of those rare people who have never had Covid.

Thank you all for your responses! I am now going on day 10 and I am STILL positive, and not a faint line. I feel so helpless, my work will not let me go back and I'm not sure how long this will continue on for. Obviously not being able to work and get paid is just adding to my stress. My symptoms are basically all resolved, besides a dry cough, but I think like a lot of illnesses that can linger?

My anxiety has my mind racing and jumping to scary conclusions, like what if this means my body will never be able to fully fight off this illness. I have been mild this entire time and really only felt sick sick for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName20 View Post
    My anxiety has my mind racing and jumping to scary conclusions, like what if this means my body will never be able to fully fight off this illness.
    People here have told you that they tested for 10 days plus. I was still testing positive on day 10 (despite feeling 'ok') and didn't bother testing again after that.

If you're jumping to conclusions, it's because you're allowing yourself to.

For the record, my positive line was thicker on day 10 than on day 1.
    Last edited by ankietyjoe; 05-12-22 at 13:17.

I tested positive for 11 days and the lines did not fade much, it just disappeared one day. I have a friend who works in a hospital and she said to me in the past that it is not that uncommon for people to keep testing positive even though their symptoms have either gone or greatly improved.

I wouldn’t worry about suddenly taking a turn for the worse and getting pneumonia as you would definitely be way worse at this stage if that was going to happen. Try not to focus on the tests and maybe hold off doing another for as many days as you’re able to (I understand you’re keen to get back to work so maybe this isn’t possible).

Hope you feel better soon but a lingering cough or tiredness is very common too.

I hope you're doing well by now - but my daughter and husband both tested positive for more than 2 weeks, even after they felt find. And my brother tested positive or like a month the first time he had it!

Thread Information