Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did your anxiety/panic start?

Why did your anxiety/panic start?

Hiya, I was just wondering what other members experiences are of how or why their anxiety/panic started. Mine began nov 2006 out of the blue and for no reason, I have a life that i am very happy with, a lovely husband and 2 lovely boys and a job that i actually like! So why should I start having panic attacks and feel anxious, mind racing and on high alert all of the time! My head often seems like its ready to burst it just feels so full and bizzy and dont get me started on my dizziness! Sorry to rant abit but I was just wondering if anyone else found that their anxiety came just out of the blue thanks for reading love tracey x

Re: Why did your anxiety/panic start?

Hi Geordie, mine's been brewing all year! starting with my job that suddenly became very stressful, my daughter who is mentally handicapped, my neighbours who just do what they want, and more recently my wife who has breast cancer, i believe i have gone from stress to anxiety and more recently panic attacks, i think it's youre body telling you to slow down!
    Maybe youre working to hard, have a good look at your life.
    Take care.

I had my first panic attack in New York City- sounds good doesn't it! It was soon after my Dad had died, I was homesick, drinking too much and emotionally wrecked. I came back to the U.K. some weeks later and a Doctor gave me Diazepam for as and when. The anxiety came and went and came back agian. I finally got sorted by a wonderfull g.P. who also was a hypnotherapist. I had six sessions with him and was fine for eight years while I married and had kids, then I had another session, again under stress. I honestly can't remember how I recovered from the second bout. Then I was fine for thirteen years and now I'm beset again! I guess it came out of the blue but looking back, I had put up with loads of stress and depressing thoughts for several years.

My first attack was January of 1998 at age 23. I graduated from college and was stressed out about finding a job because I had no money and had to pay the rent. It went away for 6 years and hit me like a ton of bricks in May 2004. My second son was born and we had just moved into a new home. I had a full blown attack in June of that year and was put on Lexapro. I stopped taking the Lexapro last November and was fine for a year. Now all the sudden it is back with avengence. It sucks I am trying to deal with t naturally thru herbal remedies and vitamins. I have felt a little better since finding this site!!

I don't know what would have happened if i hadnt found this site! it's really helped me!
    A very BIG thankyou to N.M.P.

Hey Tracey - just like you, i thought mine came out of the blue...unwelcome but ther all the same. Didnt know what it was for a wee while, then when i started getting nervous going into shops, knew it was SOMETHING. This site has been invaluable to me, Ive not had this monster for long and I hope it goes away for both of us soon xxxx

Welcome to the site
    Stacey

Sorry just realised I shouldnt use the term 'monster', because it isnt, and we/us/you can beat it xxxx

I was in a violent relationship.

He told me I was nothing, nobody would care if I was dead, I could go on but I wont bore you with it lol

Well i'm 26 years of age now and to tell you the truth ever since i was little i've had anxiety.. I remember being dropped off at school when i was in grade 1, i remember crying all the time in class and having the teacher and other grade 1 students sing me songs to so i wouldnt cry.. Wow thinking of that kinda makes me look pretty sad lol.. I've been with my girlfriend for 5 years and she doesnt even know that story haha..

However all my bad symptoms started about a year and a half ago when i started my new career. It's a high stress job will no room for error and it's not like i can quit my job, i just finished 3 years of school to get this job so i'm in a sticky situation.

But yah to answer your question about 1.5 years ago is when all the symptoms started but i've had anxiety all my life.

for me i had been suffering depression quite badly for a few years and then i lost a ton of weight, got my confidence back, came off all my meds and felt great. Even when i was very badly depressed i never seemed to experience anxiety or panic attacks tho.

Then one day out of the blue i had a huge argument with my best friend when i was miles from home, my IBS was bad at the time and i had such bad pains in my stomach while trying to get through the hours drive on the motorway to get home. It was also my boyfriends birthday and i felt so awful and guilty i couldnt get there but this friend had upset me so much.

Then i had my 1st panic attack, i was stuck in a huge motorway traffic jam, the panic was getting really bad, the pain in my stomach was awful, i needed out i needed air maybe a toilet i dont know, when suddenly i threw up all over myself in the car and had to stay that way for a further 2 hours suffering huge panic til the traffic cleared. The panic didnt go away in that time, but it did when i stepped foot in my flat.

Since then (2 years ago) when i step outside its like im reliving the panic of that day over and over. Even tho i have no contact with that so called friend anymore the panic lives on grrrr!!!

Emma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information