Thread: Doe's anyone take propranolol

Doe's anyone take propranolol

Hi only been taking this for 5 days just 10g but its making me feel terrible with horrible palpations about 45 minutes after I take it and lasts about an hour, there ment to slow the heart down so I don't know why this is happening and is it dangerous keep thinking my hearts going to stop,so I'm going to ring doctors tomorrow and ask if this is right apart from feeling sick and light headed that's my worst side effect just feel horrible , anyone know of this should be happening, thanks.

Re: Doe's anyone take propranolol

My doctor said these were very common for anxiety so was hoping someone here might have been prescribed these and tell me a bit about them .

Looks like I've replied to myself lol ment to add this on to my first message .

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by jackieann3 View Post
    Hi only been taking this for 5 days just 10g but its making me feel terrible with horrible palpations about 45 minutes after I take it and lasts about an hour, there ment to slow the heart down so I don't know why this is happening and is it dangerous keep thinking my hearts going to stop,so I'm going to ring doctors tomorrow and ask if this is right apart from feeling sick and light headed that's my worst side effect just feel horrible , anyone know of this should be happening, thanks.
    I replied to a similar post of yours in another thread in this sub forum yesterday: https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...35#post2062635

My doctor said these were very common for anxiety so was hoping someone here might have been prescribed these and tell me a bit about them
    Propranolol is a beta-blocker originally developed to treat cardiovascular diseases, but these days is just as often prescribed at low doses for anxiety. It has no direct effect on how anxiety is manifest in the brain, but works by blocking the adrenaline surge of the flight-or-fight response which often accompanies anxiety attacks, This can be enough to make a significant difference for some. It is an okayish temporary treatment, but if the disorder has been, or is likely to be long standing then an antidepressant and/or therapy that address the underlying brain dysfunctions which produce anxiety symptoms would be better options.

The most common side-effects are sedation and a tiring more quickly when performing physical tasks due to the inhibition of adrenaline, though these may ease over time.

I take 10mg propranolol daily. That’s a low dose. I love it. For me, anxiety can turn physical with increased heart rate, pounding heart sensation, and spikes in blood pressure. Propranolol helps prevent that from happening. My only complaint is that it can limit my heart rate during cardiovascular exercise. So if I exercise hard and expect to see a HR of 150-160, I’ll never exceed 130 or so. Just need to be mindful of that.

Well I've stopped taking these now the palpations were getting really bad and doctors said to stop them, I'm a bit disappointed because I felt they were working .

Thread Information