Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline - positive stories please!

Re: Sertraline - positive stories please!

Janey
    How are you doing on sertraline? Took my first tablet this morning and kinda waiting for the sky to fall in!!! Any thing to report so far as perhaps we can continue this sertraline journey together

Love Joy

Hi peeps just started on them myself a week ago im a bit all over the place on them at the min! But i was like this going on to seroxat too so im sure every thing will be fine!!!

I was wondering what being all over the place means as I too stated Sertraline a week ago on 50mg and so far no side effects except the anxiety is quite high but thats what I'm taking it for.

Maybe us 3 who have recently started sertraline should post regulary to compare how we are getting on

Joy

Hallo my best friend Joy

Why dont you start a new heading like "Sertraline Progress" - that would be good then you could all do a daily report on how you are doing. xxxxxxx

Hello my best friend too
    I've asked Nicola to put a sub heading for sertraline

Love Joy

Hey - there's at least THREE of us!! Great to have the heading for Sertraline on the Meds forum - now I can obsess more easily! Am 10 days into taking it and am at last sleeping so much better, just taking Zolpidem. It hasn't been easy and I'm finding the palpitations on waking really vile, but despite a very stressful time at the moment and the distressing death of my friend's 23-yr-old daughter this week, I am actually not crying all the time any more so take that as a good sign! I just hope and pray it will be a really helpful drug (though I'd rather not take any) as I don't think i can take any more changes in meds - I WILL go mad. Good Luck to all of us. Let me know how you are doing. xx

hey janey

I've not noticed any improvement yet but I'm 3 days behind you!!! What meds have you tried in the last year may I ask? I havent really had any side effects except the insomnia .It hasnt helped with the early morning panic as yet which is my worst problem.

Love Joy

Hello again Joy! We must stop meeting like this! A brief resume of my medical history... Years back I was on a combination of Nardil (MAOI) and Surmontil (tri-cyclic) which worked well for quite a few years but then i was persuaded to come off Nardil because they thought it was about to be withdrawn. At first I tried Cipramil instead, which did nothing for me at all, and eventually I was put on Venlafaxine/Effexor which worked well for 5 years but had LOTS of side-effects(breast cysts galore would you believe, and they have now gone away!) and I never felt really me. SO this year I asked the shrink if I could go back on Nardil seeing as it hadn't been withdrawn and he said yes. I came off Venlafaxine in May and began Nardil early July I guess. Caused terrible insomnia although my mood was fine and anxiety too. Eventually in Sep I found out it had been 're-formulated' in 2003 and that there were lots of complaints about it since, so my shrink and I decided to get me off it - again- and after it was out of my system, she put me on Duloxetine. That was horrible and caused terrible insomnia too - stupid shrink - so now she's switched me to Sertraline, and I am at least sleeping. Well, that wasn't so brief after all!

WEll you have been having fun>>>>Not
    Wont bother going into all the meds I've tried but in the last chance saloon with sertraline.
    At the moment making the anxiety worse i think and no appetite.

Waiting for something good to happen!

How you doing

Joy

Hi again Joy. So sorry to hear you're struggling a bit. Anxiety is a treal bummer and it's never easy to decide what's causing it. If you can, just float above it for the time-being and trust that it will get better. The appetite bit I can identify with, especially as Sertraline can give you nausea, but I could do with losing some weight anyway! My shrink doubled the dose to 100mg yesterday, so wish me luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information