Thread: Amazon Prime Scammers...

Amazon Prime Scammers...

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/al...zon-prime-scam

I got one of these calls this afternoon and I don't even subscribe to Amazon Prime....My son does though.

Beware everyone..I just put the phone down straight away.

Re: Amazon Prime Scammers...

They try everything these days, just awful.

I got one from Amazon at 7.30 last night, saying I owe money,never bought anything from Amazon or anything on line.The latest scammers are from here,the cops arrested a 19 yr old a couple of weeks ago.

Amazon themselves are terrible. I put an order through for a lot of small value items, electronics stuff mostly. There was 2 high value items in there. I paid for prime so I expected them all to arrive the following day. It all arrived, but I was missing 1 high value item, a book and some other things. I called Amazon 30 minutes after the delivery so they could get onto the delivery company and check if it's on the back of the van. They refused and told me to wait 3 days, even though the package said it was delivered.

It took 2 weeks to get a refund. I had to reverse charge it with the bank because Amazon's chat team are awful. I'm pretty sure they're using bots because every time I had a chat with a "person", I was getting the same response.

Their share price has dropped, they're laying off staff, and Amazon has turned into eBay full of cheap Chinese junk that doesn't last long and is cheaply made.

I used to be able to trust Amazon, but not anymore. Even legit looking products on there are fake. There's fake Hakko soldering stations being sold on there which are expensive usually. I got a nike tracksuit and paid full price for it. It fell apart after about 5 washes which is unusual because I've got the same tracksuit already and it's lasted me years.

With a rock bottom economy this is to be expected. People can't afford to buy branded products so they go with lower priced items that look good, but are terrible. Fake Amazon reviews is a big problem too. Lots of shoddy products will be full of fake reviews because most people read reviews before buying the products.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thread Information