Thread: Another MS fear thread

Another MS fear thread

Another day, another worry though through months of very real symptoms i just want a conclusion on it

The list

• Ataxia
    • Brain fog / feeling of head pressure
    • Memory /concentration issues
    • imbalance / feeling of head catching up when moving
    • Fatigue,sometimes eyes are so sore / heavy after midday i struggle to keep them open, though pushing through it and going to do something active often gets rid of it - weird
    • Sleepissues, lack of sleep
    • Urinaryissues, stream
    • Bowelissues (varying constipation etc, had colonoscopy all clear diagnosed as IBS)
    • Mistyping on keyboard all the time (never used to)
    • Eye disturbances, floaters, focus issues, some blurring here and there
    • tinnitus
    • Fullness in left ear (GP said fluid down in ear and prescribed decongestant to clear it?)

From an MS symptom perspective there are no tremors, no weakness, no numbness and tingling. no muscle spasms, no stiffness and weakness.no mobility problems

Have had recent eye checks with an Opthamologist as well as a brain MRI to rule out brain tumour - all clear! assuming one or both of these tests would have definitely raised flags for MS?

I am weighing up now
    - do i accept that this is simply health anxiety now
    - or, do i go down the next rabbit hole of investigation and get checked for MS (somewhat abandoning initial brain tumor fear) giAven the symptoms mostly mimic it

if it is MS, as scary as any diagnosis is, especially to a HA sufferer, i read you can still live a mostly normal life with it with good symptom management?

Re: Another MS fear thread

Quote Originally Posted by mbee View Post
    - do i accept that this is simply health anxiety now
    - or, do i go down the next rabbit hole of investigation and get checked for MS (somewhat abandoning initial brain tumor fear) giAven the symptoms mostly mimic it
    That's up to you.

I got the less scary diagnosis of FMS (fibromyalgia) and cervical spondylosis when I was tested for MS.

if it is MS, as scary as any diagnosis is, especially to a HA sufferer, i read you can still live a mostly normal life with it with good symptom management?

Health matters tend to be less scary when they are
    reality, rather than what we imagine. As far as I can see, you don't have the red flag neurological symptoms of MS. I had some (hence it had to be ruled out) but my diagnosis was FMS and cervical spondylosis, the neck issues being what was causing the symptoms in my arms and hands..

I have no idea what's happened to the font?

Last edited by NoraB; 08-12-22 at 07:35.

Re: Another MS fear thread

Your MRI would have picked up MS lesions, so you can be pretty confident it's not that.

Also, it doesn't have to be as black and white as "It's either all in my head OR its the awful thing". You could very well have a few low grade issue that's causing a mixture of symptoms, which is a lot more common. Health anxiety will obviously amplify those feelings, but trying to assign everything you feel to one thing or the other can actually feed the health anxiety.

For example, I do have a lot of classic signs of MS. I get tingling, numbness, weakness and twitching, electric shocks down my spine, balance issues, stuff that made quite a few doctors suspect MS! But multiple MRI's were clear of lesions, and it was all due to a type of migraine, plus a bunch of vitamins I was quite low in. All things I can address. It wasn't caused by anxiety, but it wasn't the disease that it looked like either.

From an MS symptom perspective there are no tremors, no weakness, no numbness and tingling. no muscle spasms, no stiffness and weakness.no mobility problems
    With none of these, plus a clear MRI it's extremely unlikely you have MS

Thread Information