Thread: Possible rabies, scared again

Unhappy Possible rabies, scared again

Hi again guys, I did not want to write here again, but I have no other choice.

So a few days ago, I found an insect in my house that was annoying me very much (what was weird about it, was that it was circling in the same place for hours, is that normal). When i crashed him with my hands, i noticed its saliva on my hand and i think when i crashed him, his saliva got injected in my finger, now of course being scared of rabies, i automatically thought that the saliva was rabies saliva and the i am that unlucky one, that an insect saliva carries it now it is in me. Also, it was not leaving that same place for hours, is it normal, I know what i am saying is almost not logical, but still I have that doubt that it was rabies saliva and some insects can carry it and pass it to humans.

My main question is guys,

1. do insects carry it, like ever, or am I overreacting again. Because i saw its saliva on and in my finger getting injected when i crushed him, but i am scared that it could have been rabies.

2. Can it be or do they have it, or can they have it. Thanks again and sorry for the "stupid" questions, i just can't take my mind off of this.
    Last edited by ShadowStorm777; 06-12-22 at 22:44.

Re: Possible rabies, scared again

Insects don't carry rabies so you can drop this fear for good right away.

Alright, so to get clear, its saliva that i saw is nothing? I should not even think about it right, even if its saliva went into my finger, its nothing. Thank you again

They don't carry rabies. Not in their saliva, not in their poo, not in their mucous and not in their tiny insect shopping bags.

Your choice is to either drop this fear now, or worry about being the first person IN RECORDED HISTORY to catch rabies from a bug. Your call.

Alright, well not the second part for sure, cause i don't want to be the guy that got rabies from a bug the first time in history, but just wanted to confirm if it was possible or not.

You are saying it is not, so i will try not to think about it. Thanks again for replying

Only certain mammals can carry rabies. Insects do not. Irrational fear. Let it go.

Thanks for responding, i will try to forget about this and my last post that i talked about the possible bat bite from under the vehicle, it will be a challenge to convince myself that everything is ok, that i will be fine, but i have to at least try. Thank you again for replying.

Thread Information