Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favourite long-running logos/emblems?

Re: Favourite long-running logos/emblems?

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I could’ve bet Lencoboy wouldn't drink Carling Black Label!...

One of the funniest and best adverts for knocking copy (making fun of another advert) was this Carling Black Label skit on the Old Spice aftershave surfer ad.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuA-c1046JU

I'm sure I remember seeing the old CBL logo in the background on beer pumps, ice recepticles, etc in pub/club scenes in some 80s episodes of 'Minder', 'OFAH', etc, which is one of many epitomes of the era.

I also recall a rather hilarious episode of Grange Hill from 1989 where the pupil character Trevor Cleaver smuggled a stash of cans of CBL onto the IOW trip and ended up passing out absolutely legless on the beach and was in for a mega nasty shock when the tide later came in and swept him up!

Re: Favourite long-running logos/emblems?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I also recall a rather hilarious episode of Grange Hill from 1989 where the pupil character Trevor Cleaver smuggled a stash of cans of CBL onto the IOW trip and ended up passing out absolutely legless on the beach and was in for a mega nasty shock when the tide later came in and swept him up!
    Also around that same era (late 1988-mid 1989) I recall having a bit of a fascination with the 'Carling Black Label' brand, despite never liking the taste of the stuff (nor booze in general), and went through a bit of a brief phase of collecting CBL paraphernalia (empty cans, beer mats/ coasters, etc).

Incidentally, also around that same era, there was a moral panic sweeping Britain about 'lager louts', which was a kind of prelude to subsequent moral panics about the 'binge drinking' culture during the latter half of the 90s and through the 2000s, but then seemingly went on to receive less media attention during the 2010s and the 2020s so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information