Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The young lad is struggling a bit

The young lad is struggling a bit

We all caught COVID and it went around the family, friends and neighbours. My son seems to be late in catching it. His day 0 was Friday. Today he's got a fever and going hot and cold and also the regular cough that comes with it. He's just lying in bed and doesn't have the energy to play his switch of phone. I suggested he try to get some sleep because that's what helped me.

I had the same symptoms and was down for the count for about 3 days before it started to improve. Just sucks seeing him floored like this. My niece and nephews had it last week and they're just perking up now too. I was meant to see my mom and Nan this week but I've called that off.

Sucks watching the kids and little ones fight this off.

I feel bad for the poor kids in his class and school, they're going to likely be ill over Christmas. It spread like a wildfire around here. Took out the entire road for a week.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: The young lad is struggling a bit

Sorry to read that, James - it reminds me of the time flu swept through my junior school in the early part of either '75 or '76. It took out the entire class of thirty, eventually - it was odd sitting in a class of just five or six pupils as I was one of the last to get it. In places I look at on the official government maps you see patches of dark blue where numbers have sky-rocketed just like yours have; one such area is where I live, which has gone from one to eleven cases in a week.

Can you catch it twice? I had it 2 weeks ago, today I've woke up with a cough, sore throat and sore chest. My son said that's what he had, and my other half also has it now. Really hurts to cough at the moment.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I think it's unlikely that you've got it again so quickly, you've probably picked up another one of the awful viruses that are flying around at the moment. Everyone seems to be being hit hard this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I think it's unlikely that you've got it again so quickly, you've probably picked up another one of the awful viruses that are flying around at the moment. Everyone seems to be being hit hard this winter.
    It does seem that way. The other half was very bad last night. She was coughing and couldn't catch her breath. Wheezing very badly and breathing heavy. I managed to hold my composure and I could see part of this was a panic attack so I spent 30 minutes calming her down. Also called 111, they sent it to urgent care but by the time they called back her panic attack went away and she was able to relax and breath.

She's still out of breath doing simple things like walking up the stairs, but she's much better than last night.

I've got a constant cough today. I'm thinking maybe we had COVID, and then my son brought a chest infection back from school. This is the tickly type of cough with some phlem so it's not dry.

The lad is all good now, he said he feels normal. Fingers crossed this shifts quickly. The lady on the phone on 111 said there's a lot of different viruses going around at the moment and they've experienced a surge of calls in my area.

☪️️

Glad your son is better.
    My oh and daughter had this a few weeks ago and it wasn’t covid. My partner was coughing so hard that he pulled a stomach muscle. Hopefully you’ll all be feeling better soon x

It does seem that symptoms-wise the lines between Covid and other more traditional likewise illnesses such as ordinary flu and common colds have become increasingly blurred of late.

I'm also wondering whether or not there may be some false Covid positives where the T-line shows up on the LFT but it's actually ordinary flu or a common cold instead.

And vice versa.

Our COVID tests arrived today. Negative.

That's no consilation though because I'm still really bad. Yes Scass this is the same thing. I've pulled a muscle in my rib area from coughing so much. Once that cough starts it doesn't stop and the lungs burn. It made me vomit last night. Got a fever too.

This is about the worst "flu" I've had for some time. I'm lying on the bad and trying to sleep as much as possible. The other half is still coughing her lungs up and having periods of breathlessness from coughing.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It does seem that symptoms-wise the lines between Covid and other more traditional likewise illnesses such as ordinary flu and common colds have become increasingly blurred of late.

I'm also wondering whether or not there may be some false Covid positives where the T-line shows up on the LFT but it's actually ordinary flu or a common cold instead.

And vice versa.
    I agree with you Lenco. It's difficult to tell. My test is negative, but all the symptoms line up with COVID including the lack of taste and smell. But it's not COVID :S I've about had enough of illnesses, so run down.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I agree with you Lenco. It's difficult to tell. My test is negative, but all the symptoms line up with COVID including the lack of taste and smell. But it's not COVID :S I've about had enough of illnesses, so run down.
    I totally understand; it's as if the floodgates for almost every conceivable illness have suddenly been opened this season.

Many have already implied that it's a kind of ironic knock-on effect from all the Covid restrictions in 2020 and 21 where mass circulation of almost all of the other old chestnuts had been virtually suppressed, but now starting to re-appear again en masse now we're finally devoid of (Covid) restrictions and our immune systems inadvertently having to play catch-up once again.

It's most certainly been a bit of a catch-22 situation all along!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information