Thread: Support Please! Concussion or Anxiety

Support Please! Concussion or Anxiety

I've been really struggling the past two days. I had a slight headache on Saturday, and stupidly did a forward roll on a spring floor at my daughter's gymnastics party. I was in jeans and didn't get as close to the floor as I usually do before rolling onto my head.

The headache got much worse after the roll, and it lasted until the next morning. Since then, I haven't felt like myself. I don't have a headache, but I'm feeling off and not like myself. I'm terrified I've suffered a concussion ... but doing a forward roll on a soft surface should be pretty low risk, right?

Then the next day (Sunday), I took my German Shepard dog on a walk. She saw a squirrel and pulled me pretty hard. I'm scared that her pulling me could have aggravated a brain injury or caused a second concussion.

So now, I'm terrified that I either have one or two concussions. Is this possible or is it more probable that me feeling off is anxiety-related. I do have a fear of brain injury, but this feels so real.

Re: Support Please! Concussion or Anxiety

It's anxiety related, promise. If you have a tension headache, worrying is only going to aggravate it. HA always feels real, that's how it gets us.

Thank you so much for your reply. It's so hard to tell if symptoms are anxiety-related or an actual physical issue.

I don't see how a dog pulling hard on your body could cause a concussion. Also, even if you had a concussion (not saying you do, I don't see any evidence that would suggest it...), but just IF, is it really such a terrible thing? If it was last Saturday, you already know your brain is not swelling and you're not going to die imminently. It would have happened already. So, I mean, of course it's not great to have a concussion, but plenty of people have them and survive them.

Thread Information