Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my girl tonight :(

Lost my girl tonight :(

Hope no one else is currently online and that you are all enjoying your holidays.

My parents and I went to my aunt’s for Christmas lunch. We got back this evening and set to do chores, let the dogs out, and while I was inside feeding two of the dogs something attacked and killed my Sophie. She would have turned 13 this month. She was the best pup, one who could do anything and loved everyone and who went on many adventures. She was my boy Chisum’s best and only friend.

I feel like I should have known this would happen. I had a nervous feeling, I put Chisum up in my room while we were away because he can resource guard sometimes and I was so afraid they’d get into a scuffle and she’d be hurt. It didn’t matter. My mom took Chisum out while I fed the other dogs, I should have done it. I may have been able to get eyes on her. I just made it out in time to hear a wailing and then it was too late. My mom blames herself.

I just feel empty. I swear she was meant to live well into her teens and she didn’t get that chance. We were supposed to go back to the mountains this summer, we were going to prance around town. I almost feel in denial, I have no idea what to do.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Lost my girl tonight :(

Oh, Poppy, I'm so sorry! Sending love and sympathy.

Oh no Poppy! I feel so awful for you, much love and hugs.

I'm so very sorry, Poppy..You must feel completely devastated. You mustn't look back and blame yourself for a situation which was completely beyond your control. No one could have anticipated what happened to Sophie.

It must all seem so unreal. I hope you are getting some comfort and support from your parents at this horrible time xx

Oh no poppy, I'm so sorry to hear this.
    I wish I could find the words to comfort you and I realise the pain and sadness you must be feeling.
    We can all say maybe I should have done this and that, but please don't think that way. It was totally unexpected.
    You were so caring and responsible. You are going to need time to heal from this and I'm glad you are not alone at the moment. xx

I’m so sorry Poppy, what a horrible shock. Sending you lots of love x

So sorry to hear this Poppy :( Sending healing and positive thoughts...

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you all. My mom is beside herself, blaming herself. I woke up several times last night in desperation to do something to get her back, and still have moments where it doesn’t feel possible. My parents have lived here for over 40 years and have never lost a dog this way. And it just happened so fast, no idea how. She was the best dog. We’re all going to be lost without her. And I just feel so on edge now. I feel like Chisum’s long off leash walks are a thing of the past for a long while, which hurts too because both of us found solace in those. They’d be empty without her anyway.

My minds all jumbled, hard to make a thought stick. I feel like sleeping right through today.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

So very sorry to read this Poppy.

When I lost Sam I slept a lot. Take as much time and rest as you need.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information