Thread: Anxiety about cancer treatment

Anxiety about cancer treatment

Im having treatment on Thursday for thyroid cancer and it’s dawned on me today that they’ll want to do a pregnancy test when I go to hospital…I really don’t want one, I can feel my past traumas coming back….I’ve had two occasions of false positives years ago but what if they insist on doing one?? If it’s positive but I defo can’t be pregnant then it means something else is seriously wrong 😪 the only other things that cause false positives are really only serious cancers..I’m spiralling and overthinking💔 I mean we’re talking 2013 and 2015 was when I had them, and every other test in between and after was negative, and I guess if it was something serious I’d be dead now? I’m just getting anxious about going back to hospital I think 😪

Re: Anxiety about cancer treatment

Its interesting that your anxiety brought up pregnancy. You know you can't be pregnant so that's really not an issue. Even in the very, very, VERY remote possibility you get a false positive, you know and they would test again so.... Sounds like the dragon is trying to distract you from the reality of treatment Having been through some intense treatment for my cancer, I get it. Regardless, its not fun :( That said, I recall just battling through, day by day, treatment by treatment and doing the best I could do under the circumstances. Was I worried? Yes BUT, my focus remained on point in battling the beast and I took solace in knowing attitude is a key factor in dealing with it.

"Life is 10% what happens to us... 90% how we handle it" - Charles Swindoll

Sending positive thoughts... You got this!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information